• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Downloaded resource have no txt readmes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Attached an example from when the readmes were generated. Looks like it simply doesn't parse the BB codes, but they are still there.
For me it would also be perfectly fine if it simply stripped the BB codes, but not their contents.
It's this model.

Attachments

• deathwingreadme.txt
    882 bytes · Views: 49
Level 21
Mostly because I use my browser for completely different things. Most of the time I have the browser fill the entire screen, while a txt file rarely needs to be this large.
So when I look at a txt file and do something in parallel with it, I'd have to specifically make the browser window smaller, which in turn would collide with other uses. E.g, what if I need the browser for its usual uses? Should I then maximize the window again for a moment?
Overall I want to be able to freely switch context and due to those uses being so different it doesn't work out well.
That and then there's the thing that I have hundreds of models neatly ordered. I'm somewhat of an organization freak, so if I suddenly started using html readmes instead of txt I'd have to redo a lot of work.

Level 29
Every time I see a thread like this on the internet, I hope that the day everyone knows how to write basic code will come.
It will make life so much easier for people.
Writing a tiny script in some high level language to batch-process files is such a neat ability.
One can dream.

Level 29
On the one hand you are right to want a stable system, on the other, this doesn't let the system to improve as a whole. It's a general issue in life (I know it way too god damn well from my work).
While it is understandable that this bothers your usage, something to note is that this is a change that actually happened once in the whole life of this site (as far as I am aware?)
So in this case, if you batch-process everything, you are basically done. Hopefully?

Status
Not open for further replies.