• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Download problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Recently (well, in the last month) i've found this site to be slower and slower... expecially loading the resource pages, it take much longer than before, and eventually my browser crash. Also, sometimes when downloading a resource, the downloading stop after one minute or two, for no reason. I had to try 4/5 times before getting a map. Is anyone else experiencing these issues?

Daelin, and all moderators, I think someone needs to make a thread about what to do if darky doesn't come back. he's still paying bills and stuff but not actually visiting! he drops in on early Easter and says 'I'm fixing up some things, so it's me who recompress the thumbnails' or some improper grammar'ed sentence. he hasn't done anything except take away the mod colors. we really need to do something. until he comes back all we can do is hope he comes back. that's pretty lame. -_-

Level 12
I don't know what are the staff supposed to do if darky leaves, he is the owner of the site, he gets the money of google ads and donations and he is the one that pays the site,

Will rephrase what I just said: without Darky there won't be any site, unless he sells the site to someone

Level 6
This site is hopeless -_-;
Darky has been gone for months...but sure he responded sometime during that time, but I don't think he's coming back.
I do not think at all that he is on vacation anymore, I think that he has come back from it, and spent time updating his WoW stuff instead of Wc3sear.ch =.=.
I'm not expecting Darky's return until maybe next year when he suddenly remembers about wc3sear.ch and decides to close it. =.=

The downloads are very slow I agree.
If the moderators even TRY to delete some of the old resources that are mainly crap and useless, this site might get faster...
But no, they keep arguing with us, saying that the resource section could get reduced into the size of wc3warehouse, or what Darky would think if he saw half the stuff in wc3sear.ch are missing, or they can't do a thing about it unless Darky is back... but what they're trying to do is hide their laziness. They could make the site a little more efficient by deleting the loads of junk, but no... They don't even want to spend a second deleting...
This whole site is crappy. I'm about to leave it...and I don't give a damn if you warn or ban me...
=.=

Level 22
If the moderators even TRY to delete some of the old resources that are mainly crap and useless, this site might get faster...
But no, they keep arguing with us, saying that the resource section could get reduced into the size of wc3warehouse, or what Darky would think if he saw half the stuff in wc3sear.ch are missing, or they can't do a thing about it unless Darky is back... but what they're trying to do is hide their laziness. They could make the site a little more efficient by deleting the loads of junk, but no... They don't even want to spend a second deleting...
This whole site is crappy. I'm about to leave it...and I don't give a damn if you warn or ban me...

Oh, I am so very tempted. In case you havnt noticed, we HAVE been removing junk. What, do we have put in a log entry every time we remove double posted, improperly updated, stolen, or severe low quality maps, rule breaking skins or other half-assed resources or otherwise spammed material?? We've spent countless hours keeping the sections nicely trimmed for all of you, but no, we're just lazy and never do anything. Why, because we dont delete everything thats not to your liking? I would love to do a real resourse sweep, but yes, this is DARKY's site and it should be HIS call. Because, he, more then most of the rest of us, does not want this site to become elitist. But that doesnt stop us from keeping it spam free. To this day every time I dare touch a skin or map, even if it blatently violates the rules, we catch loads of hell about it ever PM by the usual "WFT YOU FAG MOD WHAT RULE DID I BREAK!!!" ...all by people who NEVER READ THE RULES IN THE FIRST PLACE. So its no so easy to say "remove all useless material" because each of those belongs to someone, and to an elitist mind such as yours, everything would no doubt be considered usless and our archives brought to the level of that of near nothing. And I suppose a mod's worth is goverend by how much stuff he deletes? Deletes are not kills to be tallied, and is not something to be proud of. It is a last resort to someone else's laziness. It tells the resourse maker "your stuff is not welcome here" which is NOT the mesage we want to put out. We try to encourage people to get better.

Here I come home to spend yet another hour sorting maps, deleting spam, and all the other things I've become accostomed to doing on a day to day basis and come here to see THIS? Noobie mapmaker, you have truly lived up to your name, and I sincerely hope you do leave. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. I don't even know why I'm writing this...we shouldnt have to explain ourselves to you. I don't know what makes me more angry...that nonsense you spewed out just there or the lack of self control on my behalf that enabled me to write something like this...

We provide a FREE service for all of you, and those resourse makers have provided their time to give you their FREE resourses. We will keep the archives how WE see fit.
-VGsatomi

Level 12
@Noobie Mapmaker: Is that so? Don't get me wrong, we won't be so elitist like other websites (wc3campaigns, etc...) What's the problem? You don't feel good around noobies? You feel uncomfortable around skins with a normal 3/5. WE HAVE COMMENTS GODD@**it. They're meant to help our newbie modders. Don't expect every single modder to get good at an instant. It takes time for everyone to improve. Patience for you is lost somewhere on this site (or something like that =P) The fact that you want this site to have ALL THE BEST RESOURCES only shows selfishness. So guess what? I won't care if you leave. Just sit in that lonely corner of your room and cry.

Level 17
It's funny to see how the fault for the server issues is all of the moderators now. Not of the admin (may he rest in peace) that is gone whithout telling anyone of his intentions, eh, no. Yeah, the fault is of those who try to keep this place in one piece.
I've always thought that way a community go is determined by the community itself, but i guess i was wrong. Now my eyes are open... it's all fault of the MODERATORS!!!!111oneone!!1 :evil:

Seriously, this kind of attitute is the last thing this site need... above all, you don't need an account to download anything from here; but if you open one only to bring the site down, then obviously the community would be better without you. Perhaps the rules should be changed a bit to discourage this kind of people.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Noobie.Mapmaker said:
Darky has been gone for months...but sure he responded sometime during that time, but I don't think he's coming back.
I do not think at all that he is on vacation anymore, I think that he has come back from it, and spent time updating his WoW stuff instead of Wc3sear.ch =.=.
I'm not expecting Darky's return until maybe next year when he suddenly remembers about wc3sear.ch and decides to close it. =.=

=.=

Sorry, i do not usually find in you a bad person, but this time you have gone too far. The Moderators do their best to keep the site out of the bad side. But they cannot do everything; theyre just moderators not Darkies. And VGsatomi said, this is Darky's site, not their's. And some moderators loose their head with comments like yours and such; Daelin lost his head cause of rule breaking all the time. Moderators ARE NOT robots; they cannot watch over the site all the time, im sure they have other things to do and cannot be here 24 hours per day watching over gangs of noobs.
Maybe Darky visits the site more times within the next 2 moths or so. Maybe he gets some holidays :lol: .

Level 25
Noob: Get a better internet connection

The reason is the time it takes for the PAGE YOU ARE LOADING to be sent to you, from Darky's host server in wherever to you in wherever else. I also delete stuff, I just have no FECKING REASON YOU JACKASS TO POST EVERY TIME I DO SO. NEED WE INFORM YOU OF EVERY DETAIL THAT WE DO? CAN YOU NOT LIVE WITHOUT KNOWING ALL? DO YOU ASSUME WE DO NOTHING BECAUSE YOU DO NOT SEE IT, DESPITE THE HUGE AMMOUNTS OF WARNINGS BUILDING UP EACH AND EVERY DAY?

Go to hell and stay there

Signed, Mecheon =D

Level 12
Noobie.Mapmaker said:

=.=

This was wormskull... that explains a lot

Level 2
Rui said:
Argh lets just end this discussion and end off topic. This is about Download Problems not about the speed of this site.

Well, let's talk about the downloading problem. Why can't I download the map Nature's Call: The Spider Queen? Is there somebody who can tell me why? I've copied all the information the downloader told me when trying to download:

Tue May 10 18:05:51 2005 Connecting www.wc3sear.ch:80
Tue May 10 18:05:51 2005 Connecting www.wc3sear.ch [IP=212.40.5.38:80]
Tue May 10 18:05:52 2005 Connected.
Tue May 10 18:05:52 2005 GET /files/downloads.php?ID=23&l=1 HTTP/1.1
Tue May 10 18:05:52 2005 Host: www.wc3sear.ch
Tue May 10 18:05:52 2005 Accept: */*
Tue May 10 18:05:52 2005 Referer: http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Maps&ID=23&sid=
Tue May 10 18:05:52 2005 Cookie: wc3sphpbb2mysql_data=a%3A2%3A%7Bs%3A11%3A%22autologinid%22%3Bs%3A0%3A%22%22%3Bs%3A6%3A%22userid%22%3Bs%3A4%3A%229556%22%3B%7D
Tue May 10 18:05:52 2005 User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.00; Windows 98)
Tue May 10 18:05:52 2005 Pragma: no-cache
Tue May 10 18:05:52 2005 Cache-Control: no-cache
Tue May 10 18:05:52 2005 Connection: close
Tue May 10 18:05:54 2005 HTTP/1.1 302 Found
Tue May 10 18:05:54 2005 Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 10:04:59 GMT
Tue May 10 18:05:54 2005 Server: Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) FrontPage/5.0.2.2623 PHP/4.3.11
Tue May 10 18:05:54 2005 X-Powered-By: PHP/4.3.11
Tue May 10 18:05:54 2005 Set-Cookie: wc3sphpbb2mysql_data=a%3A2%3A%7Bs%3A11%3A%22autologinid%22%3Bs%3A0%3A%22%22%3Bs%3A6%3A%22userid%22%3Bs%3A4%3A%229556%22%3B%7D; expires=Wed, 10 May 2006 10:04:59 GMT; path=/
Tue May 10 18:05:54 2005 Set-Cookie: wc3sphpbb2mysql_sid=08da13577df69c8e7791072cbf5e60f1; path=/
Tue May 10 18:05:54 2005 Location: http://wc3search.wc3campaigns.com/Maps/2/nc_tsq.zip
Tue May 10 18:05:54 2005 Connection: close
Tue May 10 18:05:54 2005 Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Tue May 10 18:05:54 2005 Content-Type: text/html
Tue May 10 18:05:54 2005 Redirect to http://wc3search.wc3campaigns.com/Maps/2/nc_tsq.zip
Tue May 10 18:05:54 2005 Connecting wc3search.wc3campaigns.com:80
Tue May 10 18:06:10 2005 Cannot resolve host name
Tue May 10 18:06:10 2005 Error occured!

Status
Not open for further replies.