• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Double Strike request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Im having trouble creating this ability, whats supposed to happen is the unit blinks forward attacks once, blinks again, and attacks again... kinda like omnislash but only twice (kinda like scias's shining strike in breath of fire 4) if anyone could help me trigger this id appreciate it.

thanks in advance

Level 3
Maybe i shouldn't post since i don't really have a clue, but...

Make a new blink which costs 0 mana, then another skill - lets say "fireball" (since it has to be a target spell i think) - and lower that so it doesn't do anything.

Give the hero you want the doublestrike on the "fireball" ability and then when he clicks that he would be ordered to blink to his target, then attack, then blink again and attack.

could look like this.

Event: Unit starts the effect of an ability.
Condition: ability being used/manipulated equals to "fireball".
Action: Unit - order "your unit" to blink to the target.
Action: Unit - order "your unit" to attack the target.

repeat the actions as many times as you want.

I'm not sure this will work, just popped out of my head :roll:

Level 1
yeah i'v tried similar things like this a dozen times, what happens is he blinks, attacks or doesnt attack sometimes depending on how much of a pain the trigger desides to be at the time -_-, and then blinks to the center of the map... i tried the one guys, coupdegras i think his name is, blink fury spell, tried redoing it all and modifying it based on how i wanted it but it didnt work... any help on this would be appreciated... (wishes dota wasnt locked so i could see that damned omnislash skill :( )

Level 3
Try to make the target a variable:

Set "name of variable" = (targeted unit)

then - unit - move unit instantly to "name of variable" make special effects yourself.

then - attack "name of variable".

repeat

Level 2
re

Just so you know the Omnislash from Dota is on this site under the spell section, go DL it and have a look

Status
Not open for further replies.