• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Double Spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
To explain what the_blood is trying to convey:

• Dummy Spell
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Storm Bolt
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Neutral Passive at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set Unit = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add Storm Bolt to Unit
      • Unit - Order Unit to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Target unit of ability being cast)
Make your event like when a unit starts the effect of an ability. For conditions, limit it to only when ability being cast is Storm Bolt. Now for the actions that will be done, we will create a dummy with no model so it is not noticeable in-game and we set this last created unit into a variable. After that, add the storm bolt ability to Unit (our variable) and order it to cast Storm bolt target unit of ability being casted which is Storm bolt

For removing it try to make maybe a timer or a wait and remove it and not just remove as it will conflict in the trigger.

Level 10

• Dummy Spell
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Storm Bolt (Neutral Hostile)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Neutral Passive at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Order Unit to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Target unit of ability being cast)
Make your event like when a unit starts the effect of an ability. For conditions, limit it to only when ability being cast is Storm Bolt. Now for the actions that will be done, we will create a dummy with no model so it is not noticeable in-game and we set this last created unit into a variable. After that, add the storm bolt ability to Unit (our variable) and order it to cast Storm bolt target unit of ability being casted which is Storm bolt

For removing it try to make maybe a timer or a wait and remove it and not just remove as it will conflict in the trigger.

Only problem is if he wants to level the storn bolt that dummy unit wont cast the storm bolt based on level. So you have to trigger it to detect level of the ability. I would do it but im on my phone

Level 18

• Dummy Spell
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Storm Bolt
    • Actions

The_Blood*
And I like red color, not white :)

Level 18
Did The Unit Stun And Damge Like The First Cast With This Trigger Or Not ? I Want To Be Like That

Yes if you set the level of the dummy ability to the level of your storm bolt. Very simple :)

Also with this u will need to turn off the trigger then do all the actions then turn it on again. Otherwise it will create an infinite loop and crash the game.

Just add the goddamn ''is hero'' condition and no infinite looping

Level 30
Did The Unit Stun And Damge Like The First Cast With This Trigger Or Not ? I Want To Be Like That

Yes, the second cast of the Storm bolt will be the same damage and stun with the first casted Storm Bolt. I suggest also is to make either create a new Storm bolt ability for dummy and give this different Storm Bolt Dummy because as you can see as long someone casts the Storm Bolt ability, it will do an endless loop. Or if you want, tho it will be harder, add a wait or timer that will exactly fit and then remove the Dummy from the game... as I said you will have to exact the time you will remove the Dummy.

Level 29
@death
If you base your dummy from a Hero, stahp.

i never have lol. Not sure if anyone else has either. Btw ive only ever made one spell b4 and never needed a dummy unit.

@TO
just use a trigger turn off at top of ur spell and trigger turn off at bottom so u dont have to worry about endless loop.

For when to remove the unit just use apply timed life to unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.