• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Double posting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Meh, while we're on the subject, I've never had much of a problem with double posting... I'm not really sure what other people's opinions are on it, but it doesn't seem like much of a big deal
Anywho, not many forums here actually allow double posting, to answer your question (though it's not much of an answer, sorry)

Level 8
rep and personality seems to effect the double posting. Almean, If you are nice, or if you have big rep like you up there, people won't mind much of double posting, because you have earned it or said "sorry for double posting, blah blah blah" In the other hand, new guys will suffer being lectured about edit button and 48 hour rule and stuff like guy up there.

Level 36
Double posting is wierd. For the most part, there is no excuse since you can generally just use the edit button. But there are certain cases where the edit button is not available for use, like in SE, so it's forgivable to double post there.

But for the most part people end up double posting most often because they don't care for the 48 hour limit and want their thread to get attention immediately.

Level 7
48 Hour rule? I never heard about that, i just got 'The Talk' Personally i don't care about double posting. Sure you can use the edit button, and sure it is annoying because you have to scroll down right after reading someones post just to read more words that the wrought. But why did they do it? Either they didn't know about the edit button, or they were to lazy. But really we are mad because we now that we read their post, we have to scroll down further to read more of their post, that we could have read from up there without scrolling down. Wait a minute, if that is the case then. That makes us lazy too! I don't mean to encourage any double posting, but thats the truth really. Any thoughts on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.