• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Double Password Protection on Router?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Alright, so I have NEVER had problems opening my ports and stuff to host with this computer or router, but for some reason yesterday my router just started being a bitch. I went to URL "192.168.1.1" like usual, and logged in with the No username and the Password: admin. Everything was going fine. I changed my ending in the 192.168.1.xxx to match my IP for hosting, but then when I tried to save changes, another username/password box came up... I literally spent an hour trying all the combinations of username/password using "admin" that I could...but NOTHING worked.

Does anyone have any idea how to figure out this secondary password? I hard reset the router and everything, but it wont go away. My family says no one messed with the router, so I honestly have absolutely no idea what is going on. Any help would be appreciated...

Level 11
If your router is wireless, somebody else may have messed up with your router. You could also contact the manufactorer for support.

Level 4
Well it's not a wireless router, but i'll try those two other things that have been posted. And I dunno why this started happening...it's never happened before.

Neither root/empty pass or Admin/admin worked. So I dont know whats going on...I google searched and I can't find anything about a second password, I'm thinking of just calling my ISP or Linksys

Level 11
That is the best you can do. We can say lots of things, but I'm sure your ISP can help you better :cool:

Level 4
Alright, I kinda..cheated the linksys page to help me try n get this password. I went to the admin page and the password box was filled with a password 16 characters long...no one in my family knows what it is. So then i realized, when I try to change the password, the bottom of the page tells me what i'm trying to change the password to. So I thought, if I delete one letter off the end of the password, maybe I can get most of it. And it worked! I got a message like this at the bottom of the page: "Gozila.cgi?PasswdModify=1&Password=d6nw5vlx2pc7st9"
Now, that password is w/o the last symbol, so I dont know what it is. I also dont know if there is a username, or what the username is. Can anyone figure anything out before I call Linksys?

---------Edit---------

I used the same strategy I did up there, removing one place from the pass to get the words on bottom of the page, and i finished the password. "d6nw5vlx2pc7st9m".
However, I dont have a username... I can't think of any way to get the username for that...any ideas anyone?

---------Edit2--------

I was sniffing around google for answers, and I found an article that explained what was going on, and it said it was a problem with trying to Enable/Disable uPnP somethings (I dunno what that is, so I don't know why it happened). Anyways, it said it always sets the password to the bizzare password: "d6nw5vlx2pc7st9m�"

There were replies to the post I saw with people saying "Thanks this helped so much!!!" and stuff like that, but it doesn't work for me. I tried it with no username, i dunno if thats the problem or not, but there was nothing on the posts I read about a username.

Level 11
Do you use Firefox? If so, the Web Developer addon is your answer. Get it and you'll remember me :)

PS. Forms > Show passwords

Level 4
Well, I got the web developer addon with firefox, but it didnt fix the problem...I went to the administration page, got the password, (which was d 6 n w 5 v l x 2 p c7 s t 9 m & # 6 5 5 3 3, without the spaces, it doesnt format right on here and makes a box thing) and when i click save changes after changing the password, the username/pass box pops up, and the old password doesnt work. I tried using it for both username and password, I tried admin/d6nw5vlx2pc7st9m&#65533, I tried blank/d6nw5vlx2pc7st9m&#65533...nothing worked. This is really pissing me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.