• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DotA1: Monkey King (Optimized Sun Wukong)

The King has Arrived

• I got inspired by Grey Knight's Monkey King model and BaiyuGalan's Dota2 models for wc3, so i decided to improve Hive's Monkey King model...

• Special Thanks to Grey Knight!!

-Update

• Fixed all the errors and warnings found within the model and it's Portrait

• Improved some of the previous animations, also removed the unused ones as well

• Changed the weapon, legs, bracer, cloths and the skin textures and switched the weapon with a new version

• Added new animations for Boundless Strike [Q], Tree Dance [W], Primal Spring [D] and Wukong's Command [R]

• Added spell effects for Boundless Strike [Q] and Wukong's Command [R]

-What's next?

• New effects for jingu mastery (D) and Primal Spring [E]

• More ambient effects for Spell Throw, Spell two and Spell Channel animations

May update and also add more screenshots

-Update

• Reconstructed the entire model

• Changed a few animations (Spell Slam, Walk, Stand Victory)

• Updated the spell effects as well

- Here is a minor comparison of the two models:

229394-fec559eac3e73b91f78e7918947aeda2.gif

either way, hope you like it <3

Previews
Contents

BoundlessStrike (Model)

BoundlessStrike (Optimized) (Model)

Monkey king (Optimized) (Model)

Monkey King_Portrait (Optimized) (Model)

Sun Wukong (Model)

Sun Wukong_Portrait (Model)

Wukong'sCommand (Model)

Wukong'sCommand (Optimized) (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
REJECT HUMANITY - BECOME MONKE! Great model with amazing use of in-game textures and great adapted animations. Additional effects are superb. Great job!
Level 2
Amazing model 🌟
Stand chanel It is my favorite animation, it adds the mystical touch to the character. Great work :D

Excellent model idea, but the execution as of right now might need some work and I would ask you to fix the issues with it.

Please fix the following issues:
  • Geosets should only be referenced by one geoset animation.
  • Lot and lots of unused animation tracks that can be removed to save space.
You can refer to the issues here: Sanity Test

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Ma god, I wish I could give you 100/5. The updated version of this model is really awesome. @General Frank check this! :D

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Wukong's Command visual effect should have animations as: birth; stand and death. Right now, it only has the birth.

Level 6
My favorite model has a new update. Just in case you haven't noticed, the model has a few minor problems:
  • Sun Wukong model: chest attachment too low, weapon attachment wrong position, and model not have collision sphere make it hard to select in game.
  • Monkey King model: not have weapon attachment.
Of course anyone can easily fix it, but if you fix it directly it will be great.

Level 26
My favorite model has a new update. Just in case you haven't noticed, the model has a few minor problems:
  • Sun Wukong model: chest attachment too low, weapon attachment wrong position, and model not have collision sphere make it hard to select in game.
  • Monkey King model: not have weapon attachment.
Of course anyone can easily fix it, but if you fix it directly it will be great.
thanks for reporting the issues, although Monkey king had the attachment for the weapon and that also works in-game
still i fixed the sun wukong model.