• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DotA Quiz v1.02

A simple quiz map about DotA.

Official Site : Visit PlayDotA.com Thread

How to Play :

1. Host types the modes and commands first

2. Host types -start to start the quiz

3. There will be questions given. Answer it by pressing Y and N

4. If you're correct, you'll get points and gold. Then proceed to next question. Thus, only first one to answer it correctly will get he point and gold.

5. If you're incorrect, you'll get muted for 3 seconds. You are unable to answer while muted. Also, you'll get a penalty for wrong answer.

6. If time is up and nobody answered it correctly, it'll just go to next question.

7. You can use some skills with the gold you gained (though disabled in -ng mode)

8. The first one to achieve the scores set by host will win the game (default is 10)

Changelogs :

DotA Quiz v1.02

- Changed Gold system to Mana system.
- You can now choose target for Voodoo, Dispel, Sleep and Repel.
- Changed position and mana cost of Sleep and Dispel (since Dispel is now disabled on silence).
- Changed the number of some skills for balance.
- Now the game will automatically start after 30 seconds if -start isn't typed yet.
- Scores are displayed on gold place instead.
- Changed lumber and food place into minutes and seconds.
- Minor fixes in some questions.
- Fixed some bug about -nm (old -ng)
- Fixed bug where tint doesn't work when Red and Green value is 0 but Blue value is not 0
- Readjudgested minimum and default maximum score.

DotA Quiz v1.01

- Updated some questions to 6.71b
- Changed some stats related question (reduced the overall difficulty) and removed some of them as well.
- Fixed some grammars
- Added more questions (85 total)

DotA Quiz v1.00

- Mute from Quiz Maker now goes through magic immunity and lasts 5 seconds.
- Nerfed Sleep to 7 seconds but make it costs 2 golds only.
- Dispel and Repel now costs 1 gold more.
- Player will do animation instead of Quiz Maker everytime he casts spell.
- Penalty system now adopted. Correct answers will get +2 points while each incorrect answer will cause -1 points. Range of scores and default is adjusted as well.
- New mode. No Penalty.
- Fixed a bug where host can still type mode after -start.
- Added more questions. 84 total.

DotA Quiz v0.9

- Added new mode. -tm (Type Mode. You have to type Y or N instead of using skills).
- Added new mode. -ho (Hotkey Questions Off. All hotkey regarding questions will be removed. This is for Customkey users).
- Fixed a bug where alternative hosts can't use Fast Mode.
- Added more questions (80 total).
- Changed loadscreen and some display texts.

DotA Quiz v0.8

- Added new skills. Dispel (Removes all buff) and Sleep (Puts a random participant with higher or same score than you to sleep for 10 seconds).
- Added new mode. Fast Mode (No interlude between questions)
- Changed hotkeys due to addition of skills.
- Fixed the bug where Voodooed unit can't be Voodooed again.
- Scores can be seen in the right of golds (with lumbers icon).
- Fixed a lot of issues when time is over.
- Fixed some typos in question.
- Added more questions. 72 total.

DotA Quiz v0.7b

- Fixed removal system not working properly.
- Fixed the bug where players unable to answer after time up.
- Fixed -water default not properly displaying default water color.
- Added new -water and -tint option. Black.
- Typing -weather only now has same effect with typing -weather off.
- Simplified some more triggers.
- Removed some leaks.

DotA Quiz v0.7

- Non-playing player will be automatically removed at start except when playing alone.
- Leaver will be automatically removed from the game and scoreboard.
- New player command, -tint r g b
- Changed back the abilities enable time. Now, it'll become enabled when -start typed and not removed.
- Upgraded anti-spam system. You're muted if you press Y or N before the questions are given.
- Made all units hidden from Minimap Display (it was weird because of non-symmetric positions)
- The peasant is displayed as worker for easier access.
- Fixed some typos in some questions.

DotA Quiz v0.6b

- Fixed double timer bugs.
- Fixed -weather mode not working.
- Fixed skills are not disabled in -ng mode.
- Fixed Mute not giving proper duration.
- Simplified codes in enable/disabling skills.
- Typing -water will revert the water color to default.
- Simplified some more codes.
- Changed some question to balance the frequency of Yes and No.

DotA Quiz v0.6

- Added player commands -weather and -water (thx to DracoLich).
- Reworked shuffling system in more optimized way.
- Make all skills enabled only when questions are given.
- Added some question as well as fixed some of existing question (60 total).
- Simplified some of the codings.
- Reduce the delay between questions to 3 seconds.
- Fixed some doodads.

DotA Quiz v0.5

- Fixed some doodads and terrains.
- Fixed some typos.
- Fixed some questions
- Added player commands -clear.
- Added player commands -exp (give explanation to each question about answer).
- Changed texts in load screen and quest a bit.
- Make all skills disabled until you type -start.
- Fixed bug where you can still type commands after -start.
- Autosort on Leaderboard with descending values of points.
- Changed position and hotkeys of spells in ascending order of gold costs.
- Added new questions. (55 total)

DotA Quiz v0.4

- Now it uses spells instead of typing.
- Added 2 new spells (Repel and Voodoo).
- Added a lot of questions (50 total now).
- Added new modes -ng (No Gold. Gold gain is disabled).
- Added new modes -nt (No Time. You'll have no time limit).
- Added new commands -gold x (change the gold gained when you answer the question correctly).
- Added colors to some more texts.
- Changed Mute from point target to unit target
- Updated quests window for more detailed information.
- Fixed Global Mute not working.
- Fixed being mute even after question is answered.
- Fixed next question not coming out after Time Up.
- Fixed able to answer after Time Up.
- Fixed issues in giving colors for players.
- Fixed some issues and typos.
- Removed some uselesss doodads.
- Simplified and organized a lot of triggers.

Credits :
  • Ultra_Rasengan for many changes and help especially in Terrains and Doodads
  • DracoLich for his help in developing -weather and -water command
  • UmN1k for translating the map to Russian

Keywords:
DotA, Quiz
Contents

DotA Quiz v1.02 (Map)

Reviews
12:52, 8th Jul 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Approved
Level 2
Answer by pressing Y or N, wouldn't this quiz map be more versatile if you've made it like other one's where you would type in the answer? Posting changelogs here would be good as well as on the other threads.

Well, I actually thought of giving typing answer but that will make answer choice too wide (like "Faceless Void", "Darkterror", "Darkterror, the Faceless Void" should consider all right)...

About changelogs, I'll post it now (I skipped it because I didn't know about BB codes here lol)

or maybe add some questions other than Y and No? like multiple choice or something? dunno the map is fun but it gets boring and boring later on.

Hmm... k. I'll try to make one for multiple choice as well.

Level 2
1.02 released

- Changed Gold system to Mana system.
- You can now choose target for Voodoo, Dispel, Sleep and Repel.
- Changed position and mana cost of Sleep and Dispel (since Dispel is now disabled on silence).
- Changed the number of some skills for balance.
- Now the game will automatically start after 30 seconds if -start isn't typed yet.
- Scores are displayed on gold place instead.
- Changed lumber and food place into minutes and seconds.
- Minor fixes in some questions.
- Fixed some bug about -nm (old -ng)
- Fixed bug where tint doesn't work when Red and Green value is 0 but Blue value is not 0
- Readjudgested minimum and default maximum score.

You need a lot more than 86 questions, also answering time should be between 5 and 10 seconds. So players can't minimize wc3 and cheat, or just print 2 word pages with right answers :)

Map has bugs, if you answer wrong, you are able to answer right sec after that, and vice verse...

I saw that you removed special effect leaks and few groups, but you should destroy unused triggers with next function call DestroyTrigger(GetTriggeringTrigger())

Also there is no need to protect map, I don't need even to deprotect it to be able to steal string informations from it!
(Or should I say, questions and right answers)
Leaving map unprotected we can help you even more!

And for the end I dunno how rules on play dota work but you are not allowed to double post here in public forums!
I will ignore this one and new map version bumps but just to inform you!

Last edited:
Level 2
You need a lot more than 86 questions, also answering time should be between 5 and 10 seconds. So players can't minimize wc3 and cheat, or just print 2 word pages with right answers :)

Map has bugs, if you answer wrong, you are able to answer right sec after that, and vice verse...

I saw that you removed special effect leaks and few groups, but you should destroy unused triggers with next function call DestroyTrigger(GetTriggeringTrigger())

Also there is no need to protect map, I don't need even to deprotect it to be able to steal string informations from it!
(Or should I say, questions and right answers)
Leaving map unprotected we can help you even more!

And for the end I dunno how rules on play dota work but you are not allowed to double post here in public forums!
I will ignore this one and new map version bumps but just to inform you!

About the number of questions... yeah, that's the hard part... I need much more than those but good questions don't came to mind that easily...

About the bug.... hmm, I'll fix that.

Thx 4 the info about destroying trigger. I'm still noob in this kind of stuff (especially in JASS... I'm still using more GUIs than JASS)

About protection, well, yeah, it's not so needed for small size maps like this but I would like to keep it there. And it significantly lowers map size anyway. Also, about the questions and right answers, well, they can take it easily but once the questions becomes pretty lot, looking at them will be pretty useless.

About double post, forgot that the last post was mine :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
the map is ok, but there are few bad facts in it. If you answer the question wrong, and if nobody in 5 seconds answer it correctly, you actually win, cause then, you do know the correct answer. And, Bounty Hunter DOES NOT use imported model. Check all draenei units and you will find him there.

Level 20
Hmm, as far as I understand it now, the model is same, but some verteces or whatever they are called are added just so it can be selected. How does Blizzard's campaign work then? It uses that Draenei hero Akama...
Read it before asking stupids...

The model of the Akama doesnt have the selection box thingy BUT it can be selected still by clicking the model itself. And this means that you NEED TO CLICK RIGHT TO THE MODEL, so its sometimes tricky to click it because Akama runs like.. You know. So thats why they added custom Akama in Dota so it could be clicked without always having to click the model itself. You can click other models normally even if u didnt hit the model itself.

Level 2
the map is ok, but there are few bad facts in it. If you answer the question wrong, and if nobody in 5 seconds answer it correctly, you actually win, cause then, you do know the correct answer.

This quiz is intended to be a multiplayer quiz where first one to get correct answer gets the point. This quiz is matter of both SPEED and CORRECTNESS. That's why it only has 2 answer (Yes and No) and all questions are relatively simple BUT tricky (like the case of Bounty Hunter :p)

I could make incorrect answerer to unable to answer again but that will kinda slow down the process of the game which makes it feels more boring.

Level 5
This map gets extremely boring after answering a few questions. I suggest of adding different style of questions. For example, make multiple choice questions and/or add questions where you have to answer the question by typing out the answer. Because as far as to just pressing 2 buttons the map later on carries on to be a matter of who presses the Y or N button quicker. At the end, the map just loses it's purpose. Overall; the map is not bad itself just needs a little bit more work and creativity on it.

Level 2
This map gets extremely boring after answering a few questions. I suggest of adding different style of questions. For example, make multiple choice questions and/or add questions where you have to answer the question by typing out the answer. Because as far as to just pressing 2 buttons the map later on carries on to be a matter of who presses the Y or N button quicker. At the end, the map just loses it's purpose. Overall; the map is not bad itself just needs a little bit more work and creativity on it.

Hmm... I'll try working on it. I've been rather busy lately because of university life (and personal "fun" :p).

I'm thinking two way of improving the fun. By either making a 4 choice questions or make different type of answering (like typing, double clicking unit) also some random events like reverse (yes becomes no and vice versa). Haven't really decided which one should I choose.

EDIT : Currently finished updating questions and removing trigger leaks. Still thinking about the "additional" fun factor.

Last edited: