• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Door wont close

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
The trigger i am working on is supose to open the gate when you enter the area and close it when you leave it.

• open caster
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters open caster <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Destructible - Open Demonic Gate (Vertical) 0030 <gen>
The character enter the area and the door opens. That's good.

• close caster
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit leaves open caster <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Destructible - Close Demonic Gate (Vertical) 0033 <gen>
The unit leaves the area, but the door stay opened.

I tried two things that din't work just to test if the trigger itself was triggered at the right moment

• close caster
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit leaves open caster <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: working?
The text does show up.

I touth "what if the unit leaving the area conflicted with the open trigger and closed/opened in a flash"
  • close caster
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -close as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: working?
The door still wont close but the text does show up...

Level 6
No, it's a normal demonic gate... I have been mapping for over 4 years (well from time to time and never really compleated a map XD) and i have never been able to close a damn gate! I reinstalled the game many times during that time and reinstalled it today because my world editor was messed up...long story... but anyway it's really weird..

Can you try and make a trigger working no a random door and upload it here please, i will see if it's still working on my computer.

Level 8
Also, some times the -open will "not work" as it will pick a already open gate, so don't worry, it works.

Worked fine for me .-.

Attachments

• Gates.w3x
    31.1 KB · Views: 65
Level 6
How do i know what the door number will be like each time? i have 10 doors working that way hehe. Is it alway like the door number +3?

ex:
if i wan to open deamon door 030 then i close deamon door 033?
so then is door 043 closed with door 046?

EDIT: i can also manage by closing every doors in the region i think it should fix it lol

Level 3
What he means is that gate 0030 and gate 0033 are two different gates. It is not the same gates you picked.

Level 8
How do i know what the door number will be like each time? i have 10 doors working that way hehe. Is it alway like the door number +3?

No, man haha. Thse numbers represent a variable that is defined when you place a unit in the editor. AFAIK, technically, those units aren't there, they're created at map init, so there one variable to each. This "0030" is the number of the gate. So, Gate 0030 is a different gate than Gate 0033

So, you are opening gate 0030 and closing a different gate, gate 0033

Level 6
wow i dint see i did that mistake but it's just when i wrote it it's actualy alway 033 :hohum::con:
and i actualy touth mantis gave me an advise lolll

EDIT: o my god i did that error in the triggers too... and tested only the bugged door LOL now it's working...:eekani:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.