• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Doodle block line of sight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
yeah if you placed it as a standard part of the map then you could use some sight-blocker doodads for it.. place it along the wall or "doodle" xD and it will work..

Buildings normally block the line of sight, so if you want to create some buildable walls they should also block it (base it on some building and change the settings you want, like pathing, etc)

uhm.. so its not called doodlez? oops i watched that show to much XD
anyway can u tell me wat line of sight blocker are?
yeah if you placed it as a standard part of the map then you could use some sight-blocker doodads for it.. place it along the wall or "doodle" xD and it will work..

Buildings normally block the line of sight, so if you want to create some buildable walls they should also block it (base it on some building and change the settings you want, like pathing, etc)
so wat do u mean by standard part of the map? and the building thingy are u suggesting that i put invisible structures?
btw this map of mine have a part where its indoor, and its more like a maze-ish place so basically the units are *walled* in, meaning there are ALOT of wall doodad and its kindda hard 4 me 2 put 1 build per wall doodad... that will be like more than 500 structures DX
Also some of the walls are close by so there really isn't that much room 2 put anything ... *in between?* them.
thx

PS: why do i see the soviet flag and the comrade thingy everywhere o_O

Level 18
Under doodads if you place them on the map, there are some categories.. like environment, buildings etc.. i think it was "integrator" or something like that.. there are the blocker doodads, some small purple boxes, if you placethem you can either block the way for fly or ground units or also the vision/sight range..

P.S. -> was some kinda april joke..

Status
Not open for further replies.