• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Line of Sight Blocker Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
In a map I am making, I want to completely block vision from an area, but the Line of Sight Blockers in the game only seem to block line of sight from the ground, air units are still perfectly capable of seeing over them. Anyone got a fix to this or an explaination?

Level 3
The area you are trying to block... do you want it to be a permanent block of sight or one that can be discovered once entered(fog of war?).. im a little confused there? And the reason air units can see it is due to the fact line of site blockers work at a certain height( like a tree has a height that a ground unit couldnt see over but an airplane flying over the tree could see perfectly behind it) so just experiment with that in mind and youll find your solution eh?

Does this answer any questions if not ill look into it more and maybe send you a sample map?

Level 2
Well, I figured out that the flying units are supposed to see over the line of sight blockers, anyone know any way to bypass that?

Level 5
There is a Line of Sight Blocker, which specifically says' Air & Ground or All or something along those lines. I know for certain that there is a Pathing Blocker for Air, so I'm assuming there is a Line of Sight blocker too.

Level 9
In a map I am making, I want to completely block vision from an area, but the Line of Sight Blockers in the game only seem to block line of sight from the ground, air units are still perfectly capable of seeing over them. Anyone got a fix to this or an explaination?

So i used my time to check this one out. The results: Sorry bro, only pathing blockers work, there is no way how to block the sight of the flying units by using blockers. :sad:

Level 2
Thanks for the help, might have to just deal with it and eat up a lot of space to outrange the line of sight =/

Unless someone knows how to jury rig a solution . . . .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.