• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Line of Sight problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Alright, I have a big problem. I'm working on this project, and the hero has an ability to blink. Now the problem is, the player can blink behind doors, when they're not supposed to! I've tried placing line of sight blockers, but any little gap is enough to blink through. Does anyone have any ideas how to block the line of sight of the player, so that he cannot see through the door? Thanks for any replies!

Try this
  • T
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
    • Conditions
      • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(blink))
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (X of (Target point of issued order)) Less than 0.00
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Stop
        • Else - Actions
or even better something like this:

JASS:
struct Blink extends array

public static method stop takes nothing returns nothing
        local location l = GetOrderPointLoc()
        if GetIssuedOrderId() == OrderId("blink") then

if GetLocationX(l) < 0.00 then //Here you set cordinates of area where will you block blink

call IssueImmediateOrder( GetTriggerUnit(), "stop" )
                call DisplayTextToPlayer(GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()), 0. , 0. , "Forbidden Action!")
            endif
        endif
        call RemoveLocation(l)
        set l = null
    endmethod

private static method onInit takes nothing returns nothing
        local trigger t = CreateTrigger()
        local integer i = 0
        loop
            call TriggerRegisterPlayerUnitEvent(t, Player(i), EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_ISSUED_POINT_ORDER, null)
            set i = i + 1
            exitwhen i == bj_MAX_PLAYER_SLOTS
        endloop
        call TriggerAddAction( t, function thistype.stop)
        set t = null
    endmethod

endstruct

Attachments

• sdfsdfsdfd.w3x
    15.9 KB · Views: 53
Level 5
Thank you guys for your replies. They are both very good ideas. I'll try both of them and see if my tester can get through XD. And how do you make doors have thicker line of sight pathing? I didn't find it in the object editor. Anyways, thanks for the replies!

Level 5
Im sorry Dr Super Good but I don't understand what you are trying to say. How do you change their pathing map? It's not in object editor. Sorry I'm new to this sort of thing.

EDIT: Never mind guys, I found a way. While I was testing Kobas' triggers, I found a gate which I could not see through. It turns out that if you put a line of sight blocker inside the gate, it will block the vision of the unit. Creating a minimum range for blink also helped me make sure my tester could not go through. Thx for all the reply, you've all been very helpful! XD

Level 5
The fields...
Pathing - Pathing Texture (Dead)
Pathing - Pathing Texture

For the gate's destructable object entry control the pathing map it uses.

The field
Art - Occlusion Height

Controls how high the line of sight blocking goes (a field in a unit entry defines how high the unit is).

OH LOLOLOL I found it atlast. Thanks Dr Super Good i should put u in special thanks. For so long trying to find it. lol it was actually in front of me. now how do u do the +rep thingy

Status
Not open for further replies.