• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Doodads getting invisible with certain camera angles. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hey there.

I got some problems with doodads dissapearing when looking at a certain angle and was wondering if anyone here knows a good solution. Here's a little example of the terrain I made while experimenting with walking rocks etc. After 15min I came up with this but when I tested it ingame with the camera system it happend again. With certain angles the doodad a unit is standing on dissapears. This is probably because the 'beginning' of those (huge) doodads is outside of the camera view and because of that makes the rest of the doodad (that's supposed to be inside the view) invisible.

So once again,
Is there anyone here that knows a good solution for it?

Attachments

• sdsd.jpg
    sdsd.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 122
Level 9
I guess your question was answered, but it does not happen only to imported models. Sometimes (read: always), when you flip the decor upside down or on an angle, with -3.14 in Roll\Pitch, it happens. The only way, really, is to get model to model editor, filp it upside down, save and import.

Level 19
I guess your question was answered, but it does not happen only to imported models. Sometimes (read: always), when you flip the decor upside down or on an angle, with -3.14 in Roll\Pitch, it happens. The only way, really, is to get model to model editor, filp it upside down, save and import.

Oh you're saying something there!:O
I've been using that tutorial to change the models a littlebit. Pretty much work and it didn't work at all!! The thing I needed this for was because what you were saying models with a 70-120 degrees roll angle.

So you're saying he problem won't occur anymore if I would change the model in the model editor like that?

Level 19
If you use imported already rotated model instead of rotating it with negative pitch angle, it should not dissapear of the screen.

Just tried this out with the Felwood Rockspire variation 7 (in the model name that's 6) and it didn't work. It became a bit better but still made it invisible when moving over it. I scaled the doodad at scale 4.00 so this might just be too big.

Oh and an other question.

I got a model from UTM, it's an elevator tile called Castle5. I got a place in my map with alot of those but heightened alot. Their about 800 high (if you make a unit flying and set flying height to 800 then that's the height I'm talking about:p). If I'm walking on them they also dissapear the moment I walk off them. Any idea's how to solve this? I used olof's tutorial and changed the X, Y and Z settings a bit but that messed up with walking over it because it became nearly impossible to not right click on them even when I was mousing over other locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.