• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Does this Floating Text trigger leak?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I originally thought these triggers for floating text leak and that the only way to have leak-free floating text is to do it in JASS. But then someone told me that since they are on a timed life, it's fine. Can anyone confirm this please?

• FloatText Creation
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Triggering unit) Equal to (==) BuilderChosen[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
        • Then - Actions
          • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String((Integer((Damage taken))))) above (Triggering unit) with Z offset 5.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
          • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 100.00 towards 85.00 degrees
          • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
          • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 1.40 seconds
          • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 0.65 seconds
        • Else - Actions
          • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String((Integer((Damage taken))))) above (Triggering unit) with Z offset 5.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
          • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 100.00 towards 85.00 degrees
          • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
          • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 1.40 seconds
          • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 0.65 seconds
  • Unit Gets Damaged
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Add to FloatText Creation <gen> the event (Unit - (Triggering unit) Takes damage)
  • Check the Units
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TextDamage = (Units in (Playable map area))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TextDamage and do (Trigger - Add to FloatText Creation <gen> the event (Unit - (Picked unit) Takes damage))
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TextDamage)

Thanks for any help! :)

Level 12
I don't see you assigning any points to a variable and then destroying it, so there are leaks.

I'm not certain if floating text leaks, but I usually assign them variables and destroy them as well.

Level 17
The way he takes care of the floating text leaks (yeah, they do leak) is correct. I still can't see any points in the triggers, but I'm in a hurry, so I won't bother now.
I don't recommend assigning floating texts to variables, it's too much work. Just add an expiration timer to them.

Level 4
And the point leak? He needs to store the point in a variable, use the variable and them destroy it.

Sorry, but what is this point leak you are talking about? I don't know of any point that I'm using in the triggers. Could you please point out the exact location? Thanks! :)

Level 12
Wrong:
Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String((Integer((Damage taken))))) above (Triggering unit) with Z offset 5.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency

Correct:
Set temppoint = (Triggering unit)
Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String((Integer((Damage taken))))) above (temppoint) with Z offset 5.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temppoint)

Status
Not open for further replies.