• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Does it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Heya all, i am a complete newbie on making icons but i want to learn ;). I have only done simple icons like taking them from google (changing color and so on) But i need to know if i can change/edit for example boots of speed and make my own boots out from the other boots, if you get what i mean. Is there any way i can make that with any of this programs? wc3 viewer, w3ir or irfanview. (Or do i have to get photoshop?)

P.S. Didnt know where this thread belong, but i put it here.

Level 34
You can change the icon with W3IR. Open W3IR -> open ''Add borders'' -> open ''RGB scramble'' -> load your icon pressing ''Load icon'' -> then press ''Process'' -> RBG, BGR, GBR, NEG, BRG, GRB, Red, Green, Blue, C, M, Y, H, S and L/V/B icons will be shown -> select file type at ''Please select the file type'' (BMP,TGA or JPG) -> now mark which of mentioned icons you want and press ''Save imgs'' -> your icons will be saved at the folder where is Loaded icon -> done!

Status
Not open for further replies.