• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Does a "game" like this exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
What I really think need to exist is a tool that is built around the concept of modding, like WC3 editor. A community of modelers, voice actors, scripters, drawers that contribute to the main database, renting their work to the community for use in maps created with the engine, map makers can compose all this into maps that can be played in Game Mode. Every time a map is played, everyone that have assets in the map get points on their Creator Profile, so you get rewarded for creating something awesome. The engine creators roughly decide on a graphical style and other constants that are needed for a foundation.
Although games like WC3, SC2, DotA have editors, wouldnt all this be easier if the very engine was mainly built for this?

Level 24
If you want a massive community dedicated to modding I'd recommend the Skyrim community over at the steam workshop.

Level 24
Yep, I don't know how many, if any moders have moved on to Skyrim SE however, but the original game has a massive fanbase which regularly mods.

Level 22
There's a plenty of modders now on SE, probably because SKSE is now ported to Skyrim SE.

@on topic: Yeah, skyrim's a modding haven

Level 7
Skyrim is definitely a modding haven but the best place to go for mods is NexusMods. They also have Oblivion, Morrowind, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Fallout 4, and a bunch of non-Bethesda games supported there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.