• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Do we like changes to WC3 in Reforged?

Should Blizzard add new content to Reforged? Or the editor?

• Yes, they should update the editor and give additional resources to choose from (models, icons, etc)

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Yes, they should add more official campaigns, scenarios, maps, etc, but not change the editor.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, they should add more units and heroes officially, possibly in another expansion MAKE NAGA LEGAL

• No, they should leave mapmaking to the fans and only focus on balancing the game further

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No, and they already changed it too much with these patches and I like the old balance.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
This is just for the poll, but I figured I would write a few ideas myself. Personally, I hope Blizzard adds in a lot while leaving the old version untouched. A "classic mode" with the old balance should be an option for ranked, as well as a new version that get's added abilities and balance. My hope would even be more official units, such as an ogre magi to replace the tauren in the Lodge, or pandaren warriors to join the NE. This would allow for Reforged to be a whole new game like almost WC4 without leaving out diehard fans. I think that adding a race or 2 would also be a consideration here, like Naga.

However, I would prefer that between the 2 they chose this: to update the editor and make it easier to use and more powerful, while possibly making official models, icons, and abilities solely for the purpose of giving tools to the community. A Streamlined Custom Hero maker, a possible custom race editor, and simple campaign creator would allow the community to make tons of content freely. I think that allowing a custom race to be in the menu (perhaps a drop down next to random?) would be fantastic. Even small things like global settings, as in changing the rules for a group of maps, or grouping units together, like when choosing which units count as a hero and grabbing them all at once instead of 1 by 1, would be incredibly time-saving.

All that to say, I like the thought of lots of updates and content. What about you?

Level 1
I can't help but feel...very disappointed at the relative lack of changes. Updates to the Trigger Editor are nice but the rest of the editor (Object Editor in particular) still feels as barren as it was sixteen years ago.

Perhaps I've been spoiled by the SC2 Editor, but I feel like updates to Reforged's editor have not gone far enough. I get that keeping the editor simple is what makes WC3 accessible, but surely they could have added an optional "advanced" mode that reveals more features for modders that want it?

I hope I'm proven wrong and that Blizz actually has a bunch of additions planned for release that they just haven't revealed yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.