• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Do I need Photoshop to use skins on world editor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Do I need Photoshop to use World editor, and if not why can't i use skins on my world editor?

... I have to agree what kind of question is that? Photoshop is meant to EDIT skin not to use it... If you ever read on HOW TO IMPORT SKIN in world editor then you wouldn't be asking this question.

(If it's a model)
-Import all the files that came inside the folder you've downloaded or whatever.
-Change the path of the .BLP files just by removing war3mapimported\.

(If it's a skin only)

-Read the instructions on the path you need to take, for it to work then base the model off of that skin path.

Level 4
... I have to agree what kind of question is that? Photoshop is meant to EDIT skin not to use it... If you ever read on HOW TO IMPORT SKIN in world editor then you wouldn't be asking this question.

(If it's a model)
-Import all the files that came inside the folder you've downloaded or whatever.
-Change the path of the .BLP files just by removing war3mapimported\.

(If it's a skin only)

-Read the instructions on the path you need to take, for it to work then base the model off of that skin path.

No.1, sry i typed wrong, i mean do i need photoshop to use skins on world editor, cuz i get all these error messages when like i save or test it, the messages sound like trigger fuck-ups and i dont know wat to ask, i just started at this, sry for soundin like a moron yall :sad:
i did it all right, they just messed up my editor!

Level 4
No not that, i did nothing tot he skins, i dled them, exported and added the right path, and they just messed up my world editor, i cant save or test maps any more! :bored:

yeah wat i got are 2 custom grunt models, dragonmaw grunt, i am on a different comp right now so i cant remember them all, i have sykos knight, all these skins are approved. i dunno i have like 4 models dled, 8 or so skins, oh btw they wuldnt dl on my other comp im using on them, i dunno why

Level 4
Well then why the hell do you need Photoshop? Photoshop has nothing to do with World Editor AT ALL!

I KNOW ITS A STUPID QUESTION BUT IM IN DESPARATE NEED WITH NO LEADS ON Y MY EDITOR FUCKED UP! I THOUGHT MAYBE I NEEDED PHOTOSHOP DATA ON YM MACHINE IN ORDER FOR IT TO HANDLE THE SKINS I IMPORTED! LAY OFF MY BACK ABOUT THAT AND PLZ JUST TRY TO GIMME HELP!:cry:

Level 4
I dled a bunch of diff ones, and im pretty sure they r all approved, here r some=
Sykos Knight (undead)
Sand Troll
Blackrock Grunt (model)
just test some of those ands tell me wat u got

Level 4
Ive patched it, but! i dont have umswe... does that change anything? (warning, ima noobie at world editor, this is my first map so im clueless about everything):witch_doc_sad:

Level 4
Well I already have :ugly: im just making a simple group rpg (wats the harm?)
im not going yo use any skins on it... as far as i can tell ive seen everything that needs seeing
PS: blaxor im on a diff comp right now at this moment so i dotn have the map, its diff application

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

No not that, i did nothing tot he skins, i dled them, exported and added the right path, and they just messed up my world editor, i cant save or test maps any more! :bored:

yeah wat i got are 2 custom grunt models, dragonmaw grunt, i am on a different comp right now so i cant remember them all, i have sykos knight, all these skins are approved. i dunno i have like 4 models dled, 8 or so skins, oh btw they wuldnt dl on my other comp im using on them, i dunno why

Hello there, I just noticed you mentioned Dragonmaw Grunt- and afaik there's only one skin on the hive with that name, and it's mine (although I submitted it a long time ago, and I was still known as Goliath the God, and/or Dragonskull, here).

I just wanted to say thanks for having interest in it! Oh, and if this isn't solved yet (I didn't read all the posts) then just pop me a PM and I'll try to solve it for you.

:)

Level 4
o yeah, i loved it, do some more plz! oh and it doesnt have apth so if u culd tell me and gimme permission it culd be the stonebreaker clan grunt, the clan the main char in my campaign is in :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.