• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DND Warzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello all.This will be my first "project" on Hives.I've been throwing this idea around for a while but have never really had any time to put it to use.So here goes!

In a dark and unforgiving world known as the Forgotten Realms,heroes do battle against vile and evil monsters.Gods roam the earth as Avatars, some aiding,and some harming people in the world.For years heroes like Drizzt Do'Urden and Wulfgar have traveled and fought across the lands.Now it is your turn.You have been called by local towns,glades,and other such places to deal battle against vile and evil monsters,defending in the name of good and order.

So thats just kidna a little story i came up with.This will be an AoS style map focusing more on heroes and terrain and such over items(DOTA does that and though it's popular i feel the heroes could be much better).So basically i'm wondering:Would people play it?I'm also starting ot learn how to model and skin but for nowsies i'm gonna be posting a request for models in then appropriate thread.Anywho let me know what you think and any ideas or such you might have.

Level 4
An interesting concept, AoS styled D&D, the only problem i find with that is, D&D is about dungeoneering and adventures, why not try to make an oRPG or even another QuatreDans/Vuens D&D?

Also, DotA is not that bad of a game and i actually enjoy playing [thats not to say that some of the heroes are not overpowered] its just that, you have to admit that the map makers/moderators put a ton of effort in those heroes and you should not criticize all that work poorly.

Anyway, i might be interested in this project, but i do have one small request, make the Cleric the way hes supposed to be played... im tired of a wimpy spell casting dude in a robe... i want to smash peoples heads into the ground with one :mwahaha:

Level 15
if it comes down to requests about classes - make Druid dpsy class!!!! i hate druid=healing!!!! =DDD

on a serious note: a nice concept, but i think you should bring in something more from DnD, aprat from names... maybe spell system or smth to give it uniqueness

Level 3
Just do that classes by the books. I'll even post my Death Knight class I've been making using D&D rules up here if you want. :3 NO MOUNTED CHARACTERS!!! DX I can tell you that. A lot of people like their characters to be on foot. (Like me. :D)

Level 2
on a serious note: a nice concept, but i think you should bring in something more from DnD, aprat from names... maybe spell system or smth to give it uniqueness

Well i was planning on doing something like that but i'd need some help on JASS/Triggering to get a sort of spell book type thing.Then on top of that i'd have to figure out a way to do either one of two things:Make a "spells per day" sort of thing(in which case i'd have some sort of action to rest)or else use spell components.

Dakillakan said:
An interesting concept, AoS styled D&D, the only problem i find with that is, D&D is about dungeoneering and adventures, why not try to make an oRPG or even another QuatreDans/Vuens D&D?

Also, DotA is not that bad of a game and i actually enjoy playing [thats not to say that some of the heroes are not overpowered] its just that, you have to admit that the map makers/moderators put a ton of effort in those heroes and you should not criticize all that work poorly.

Well i was debating an oRPG of sorts...but i'm not very good at stuff like that,and i've seen a couple of em.I love AoS's and wanted to do something based on DND.I'm basing it more on the mini's,which are more like forming warbands and fighting in small skirmishes then dungeoneering.

I didn't mean to seem like I was criticizing dota.I love and play the game myself.I understand that map makers and such put a ton of effort into maps(I have a friend who spent over a year and a half on one) and i respect that.I just know there are some out there who say dota focuses more on items then they do on heroes.I personally wana focus on the heroes,for those are the creatures you'll controll.

Dakillakan said:
anyway, i might be interested in this project, but i do have one small request, make the Cleric the way hes supposed to be played... im tired of a wimpy spell casting dude in a robe... i want to smash peoples heads into the ground with one

O beleive me the only clerics that end up in this will be the ones who spend there free time crushing skulls.If you've ever seen the movie Dungeons and Dragons:Wrath of the Dragon god,the cleric in that is my idol :p.

Level 15
you can make it in NWN-style - 16 second meditation. first 8 seconds refresh all spells and restore some hp, after total 16 seconds you get full hp. for WC3 you can add maybe like 500% dmg increase while resting, so you must choose a place to rest carefully... and maybe you can make some use of aligment system? it is rather important in DnD and it may become one of the features that say 'this is DnD' in ur map =)

Level 2
Good idea, Trillium.

Demonknigt, do you want me to post my death knight character class for you?

Ya sure i'll take a look at it.Some diffrences i'm gonna have from dota is you won't be able to pick heroes from good if your evil and vice versa.Thats not ot say there won't be a Orc good hero or a Elven(Non drow) evil hero.

Trillium said:
you can make it in NWN-style - 16 second meditation. first 8 seconds refresh all spells and restore some hp, after total 16 seconds you get full hp. for WC3 you can add maybe like 500% dmg increase while resting, so you must choose a place to rest carefully... and maybe you can make some use of aligment system? it is rather important in DnD and it may become one of the features that say 'this is DnD' in ur map =)

Hmmmm.That would work.I'd have to use a lot of triggers and such.And i can even make specific areas on each side good for resting.As for the alignment system...I'd love to incorparate it somehow into the game....perhaps incorperate the food process somehow.Do it somewhat like in NWN2.100/100 wold be Good/LAwful and 0/0 would be Evil/Chaotic.And if yo upick certain charcters(I.E A Human palladin)Your score would start as 100/100 but if oyu did acts of evil or something of the sort(I.E bought a certain item that is villionus in some way) you'd lose points and possibly become a fallen paladin.I'll have to play around with the idea a bit more and any help would be great.

So here's an idea for a hero i've got for.Tell me what ya think.

Lord Desolar - The Vampire Ancient
Range: 110 | Move Speed: 300
Primary: AGI
Str: 19+1.9 | Agi:25+2.4 | Int: 16+1.7
Damage: 42-47 | HP:511 | Mana: 208
HP Regen:1.2 | Mana Regen:1.1
Attack Speed:1.45 | Armor:3

Lord Desolar was a powerful ruler in Faerun before his fall.Spending years upon years of war,he finally took a blade in the lungs.Not wanting to give up on life he prayed to the dark gods to send him some aid.A vampire answered his call,turning him.Now he has come ot the field of battle,some 3000 years later,to deal death in fell swoops.(Story will be edited a lot more when i actually put her up).

(For now i only have on skill set up)

Rend (E)
"I will make thee bleed before we are through".Lord Desolar rends his opponent dealing x damage and causing y dps.
Level 1 - deals 50 damage and 5 dps for 3 seconds.
Level 2 - deals 75 damage and 5 dps for 3 seconds
Level 3 - deals 100 damage and 10 dps for 4 seconds.
Level 4 - deals 125 damage and 10 dps for 4 seconds.
Framework:Causes a bleed effect on opponent.
Mana Cost: 50/75/100/125
Cooldown: 15/20/25/30

Last edited:
Level 18
DnD AoS, bad idea, its mainly roleplaying.. you're just going to re-make dota, thats all AoS's pretty much are.

If you're making a Vuen's DnD, get his permission, which he doesn't give out anymore, because he quit Wc3. Plus your map will die insanley fast.

I had a popular map called Zoom's DnD, that went on for a long time, and then suddenly died.

Level 2
Demonknight199 said:
I'm basing it more on the mini's,which are more like forming warbands and fighting in small skirmishes then dungeoneering.

This is what i posted in reply to the last "DnD is more of a roleplay style game".

Level 3
Yeah, I've done a couple games like that, Demon... Sounds good. I liked them. As soon as I get my DK character outline typed up, I'll post it. I wrote it by hand at school.

Level 15
00/100 wold be Good/LAwful and 0/0 would be Evil/Chaotic.And if yo upick certain charcters(I.E A Human palladin)Your score would start as 100/100 but if oyu did acts of evil or something of the sort(I.E bought a certain item that is villionus in some way) you'd lose points and possibly become a fallen paladin

hero's class changing because of his actions, not just level ups? man, i like the idea =DD

Level 3
It does sound good, but I've never actually agreed with it. Maybe with the paladin thing, but I think they should be able to range from Lawful Good to True Nuetral without getting busted. Same with dks, but I think they should have full range. =/ I'm a good guy, but I like the darkness.

Level 3
Yeah. My character is CG. :3 He worships no god, because he doesn't really give a shit. xD He knows the gods are there, but he is more concerned with the mortal realm than anything else.

Death Knight

The work of death is everywhere, as hidden as it is. Graveyards, dark, forboding temples, dungeons, and even in unsuspecting villages all hold signs of the darkness. The gods run from good to evil, chaotic to lawful, simple, to inexplicable. The darkest, most evil and chaotic of them have servants called death knights. They are the most powerful of the mortal hands of death.

Adventures: Obviously, most death knights’ adventures would be to spread terror and destruction. For example, he might quest for a powerful weapon of darkness or an artifact of death. Death knight receive orders or at least suggestions from their cult or god, depending on their power.

Characteristics: Death knights are masters of the Dark Arts. Necromancy, shadow magic, ice magic, and pyro kinetics are all within the death knights arsenal of spells. He can easily master other undead and bend them to his will. In fact, many a time, a death knight will not be encountered without at least one undead minion under his control.

This is what I got so far. Depending on how much time I get online in the next couple of days, I'll have it all popped up for you. 'Cept the spell list. Those things are confusing at times.

Oh, and go to Wikipedia and look up Lythari if you don't alreayd know what they are. :3 Werewolf elves. :D

I don't think Vampires should be inherently chaotic evil either. My DK is CG and a vampire. :3 He's been aalivbe for around 5,000 years, so he's figured out a bunch of stuff... Like a potion that let's him walk around in the sunlight for a couple of horus with nothing but a bad sunburn coming up. :D

Level 2
Thought i'd mention this map is still in progress.I'm currently working on some ideas with terrain.Though any help would be greatly appreciated as i'm not the greates mapper in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.