• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Divinity's Reach

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Hello folks! I am please to present my rendering of Divinity's Reach, the human capital of Kryta, at the time of the events in Guild Wars 2.
First off, there are a couple of notes I would like to make:
-the map has ~90MBs - it's huge, I know it, and I'm not forcing anyone to download it;
-it's purely aesthetic, no pathing included;
-I have made 2 videos of it:
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT2CY9XtjsM-The "trailer";
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q9fNNgiQlY-Some early creation screenshots and others which show what it looks like now.
-Although only the city itself has been completed, I have already used ~7500 doodads, therefore the surrounding areas aren't filled with anything. I, however, believe the map to complete.

Credits:
-Music By Jeremy Soule:Guild Wars 2 Human Theme, Guild Wars 2 Charr Theme, Guild Wars 2 Main theme;
-Special thanks to my brother for creating the cinematic for the map;
-High-res Doodad Pack by Born2Modificate at Wc3Net;
-Cloud Model imported from Combat Zone 3.6;
-Rope Bridge model by Teaspoon.

Keywords:
Guild Wars 2, Guild Wars, Kryta
Contents

Divinity's Reach (Map)

Reviews
15:18, 20th Aug 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected
I think that might be because the map has passed the size limit using Newgen I guess?
I'm gonna try this out.
edit: The castle looks amazing, really, but you cannot upload it as a cinematic in the maps section, YET. If you are going to recreate the trailer, then add some people to the cinematic and finish the castle's surroundings, an unfinished map cannot be uploaded, a cinematic can't be just some scenes of the environment either. (except if it's supposed to be a music cinematic)
I wouldn't really turn it into a cinematic either, I would rather post it in the terrains section, showcasing your awesome work!
Good job, the castle looks awesome.