• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Distributed Bounty Gold FX for Nearby Heroes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello Everyone,

I am making a map that where heroes band together to farm creeps. However, i have had a quick question about distributing bounty. In "Tides of Blood" a player can just be near a lane and hostile minion deaths would give gold (+include Bounty Effect). To praise it even further, the gold bounty effect reveals different numbers based on the number of allies in the same lane.

I want to allow allied players near a certain area to gain an amount of gold divided amongst other heroes that are near the same area. Although I know how to divide gold to allied players based on distance of each dying unit (killed at the hands of allied heroes), I don't know how to make unique Bounty-Gold animations with the amount of gold gained displayed (like it would as if you killed it). Can someone help me with this? I do not want to use Special Effects since I believe other hostile players could see it (which I do not want).

Level 10
I think you only need to play sfx and show text to specific players.
For sfx
  • Set String = <Empty String>
  • Custom script: if IsPlayerInForce(GetLocalPlayer(),udg_TempForce) then
  • Set String = Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
  • Custom script: endif
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Point using String
  • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
For text
  • Set String = ONLY YOU SEE THIS
  • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads String at Point with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
  • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 2.00 seconds
  • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees

Level 4
I think you only need to play sfx and show text to specific players.
For sfx
  • Set String = Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Point using String
  • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
For text
  • Set String = ONLY YOU SEE THIS
  • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads String at Point with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
  • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 2.00 seconds
  • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees

Thank you for your help. It does show the animation along with the text. However, I am unable to test if this will work just for the players involved, but it seems to look good so far. I am assuming the "If" statement does that job. I guess I will be able to test it once I am able to post my map.

Status
Not open for further replies.