• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Display mana cost of item abilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
The item itself is working fine. I can cast the spell, you see the cooldown, and the spell does cost mana. But it won't display the mana cost on the item, like it does for Crown of the Deathlord, for example.

EDIT:
SolvedStamp.png

Last edited:
Level 7
One thing that is important is that the active ability is the first ability in the item's ability list (meaning the one at the top of the list). I guess you already have that, or the cooldown wouldn't be shown, either. Strange, I know of no configuration where an item's cooldown is shown, but the mana cost isn't. Try doing what Chizume said and base it off an item that already works correctly.

It's just like meOme said : the mana cost displayed is the one from the first ability in the list. But the cooldown is displayed properly if the first ability is not a passive (so when you have 2 active spells on the same items).

I made tests some time ago : you can use several active spells on the same item but it's a bit weird. The spell considered is the first of the list until you select a target. After that, the spell considered is the first of the list if it's an immediate spell or the last of the list else. It also checks if another spell can be casted when there's a problem with casting.

See the map for examples of use.

Last edited:
Level 22
Well, this is weird. I just checked out the standard Crown of the Deathlord in game, but it won't display the mana cost.

I tried out your test map as well, Tirlititi. But there are no mana cost displays for those items either. :I

Maybe I turned off some kind of option that's causing this?

Hum, that's strange, it doesn't display the mana for me neither, just noticed ^^.

It doesn't display it even if there's just 1 spell... I wonder if they removed the mana cost on the items in some update? Have to check it with the other maps :O.

EDIT : I got it, I think. The item must have the field "Pawnable" on true (the field which defines if you can sell the item to merchants or not). I searched too far when the answer was obvious ><.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.