• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Display floating text during editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi all,

How do I make floating text appear while I'm in the editor? I'd like to place floating text at points to remind myself what I need to do at that place or what I need to work on, etc. Starting up my map each time to see what needs to be done is a tedious task and writing it down also doesn't work for me.

Level 11
I never heard of such a fonctionality. In game, yes, but in WE, I don't know!
Perhaps you can write in the trigger editor instead? (you can turn a trigger into a comment)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Use regions and enable region names?
Sorry my mistake. This is a StarCraft II Editor feature where points and regions show their names when viewed in the editor. I somehow fooled myself into thinking Warcraft III did this but it sadly does not.

As far as I am aware it is not possible in Warcraft III WorldEdit. I suggest you make a separate text file and add notes to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.