• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Disarming Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am making a Harry Potter map and now I have come to Harry Potters ultimate abillity: Expelliarmus, the dissarming spell. The spell makes the target to release its wand.

So heres the spell:

- GUI and MUI
- Only 1 target
- Shall only works on heroes
- It shall remove an the attachments on the right and left hand
- It shall in some way check wich model it had as an attachment, that model shall work together with an item with that model
- The item shall fly away with the cluster rockets abillity in random direction in 250-500 range
- The target shall be silenced
- No other unit can pick up the wand exept the target
- When the unit has picked up the wand again, it will no longer be silenced
- It shall get back the sama attachment as it had before

I know that this is a quite hard abillity to make, but I really need it! And I dont want to add a wand in the inventory. If its just impossible to do it for you, then its ok. I would be so pleased if some1 maked it for me! rep to they who make it for me, I have not enough experience to make it myself or that you just explain how to do it. Pllz send it in a map for me!

Thx in advance!

well, first off you would use a disabled spell book with an ability (dummy or not; infact lets just make this ability give the unit the ability to attack, so we don't have to use silence) with the wand attachment, so that when the unit gets silenced, he will lose the ability, removing the attachment.

I think i could make it, but i dont have a wand attachment so ill just use like, something else..

as for only the unit may pick it up, im not too sure about.

There is just a little problem, I cant pick up any other items either... where is it wrong?

• Pick up wand
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • And - All (Conditions) are true
            • Conditions
              • (Item being manipulated) Equal to Wand_item[Numb]
              • (Hero manipulating item) Equal to Wand_unit[(Custom value of (Item being manipulated))]
        • Then - Actions
          • Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)
          • Unit - Add Book of secrets to (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Remove Bite buff from (Triggering unit)
        • Else - Actions
          • Hero - Drop (Item being manipulated) from (Triggering unit)

Status
Not open for further replies.