• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Requesting a Mass Ensnare spell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! Can some1 make a Mass Ensnare spell for me in 3 levels? The caster shall cast an AoE spell 100/200/300 and he shall shot away a net on all units in the target area and all shall be stucked for 1,5/2,25/3 seconds. Thanks to the 1 who makes this for me, and pllz do it in a map so I can just copy and paste it over, cause I might not understand if you just write the trigger for me.

Level 15
warden13 thats not a very nice thing to say. Just because he or she is a "veteran" or experienced doesn't mean he/she knows everything? And this is not a spell everyone can do that easily, and if you are just here to say that then don't post.

About the spell though, i have also been wondering how to do this thing, so please if anyone bothers doing it, post it in this thread and we'll all learn something.

Level 10
I'm heading to bed now, so I can't finish what I've done so far right now.

I tried using fan of knives and adding the ensnare buff to it, but it didn't work.

My attempt should be MUI, but its not MPI.
Since you didn't say if I could do it in NewGen, I didn't use that either, so its quite sloppy and has leaks.

Just posting this so someone else can finish it if they like, but I'm sure they would much rather start from scratch, heh.

Attachments

• aoeensnare-test.w3x
    14.8 KB · Views: 40
Off topic but,
How don't you know how to do an easy spell like this? You have over one thousand posts and 0 rep? I wonder what are you posting...

So its easy? Can u show me how then?

I'm heading to bed now, so I can't finish what I've done so far right now.

I tried using fan of knives and adding the ensnare buff to it, but it didn't work.

My attempt should be MUI, but its not MPI.
Since you didn't say if I could do it in NewGen, I didn't use that either, so its quite sloppy and has leaks.

Just posting this so someone else can finish it if they like, but I'm sure they would much rather start from scratch, heh.

Ops... Maybe I should have explained it better... First of all, I dont know Jass (A) so GUI would be best. And the spell shall have, maybe 700 range. So for every unit in the area a net will be throwed from the caster. It would be nice if it toked flyying units as well, but the other rope then.

This spell is for my Harry Potter map and is called Incarcerous.

Here is some info of the spell from wikipedia.

Pronunciation: in-CAR-ser-us (IPA: [ɪn.'kaɹ.sɝ.ˌɪs])
Description: Ties someone or something up with ropes.
Seen/Mentioned: First heard in Order of the Phoenix, when Umbridge gets in a battle with the centaurs. Also used by Harry on the Inferi in Voldemort's Horcrux chamber, in Half-Blood Prince.
Suggested Etymology: English incarcerate meaning "to imprison" or "to confine",via Latin carcer meaning "prison."

Level 10
Just up the radius of the ability in the object editor to 700, then look in the jass of the trigger for "400" and change it to "700".
Yes, it targets air units. At least it should.
I started it in GUI, but things were getting messy and nasty so switched to JASS. Too complicated now to stick to GUI.

Looks nice, but I found a bug... Like u see on the screenshot, sometimes I dont ensnare all...

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    398.7 KB · Views: 137
Status
Not open for further replies.