• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Disabling bounty for specific units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I assume, that they are not using the normal bounty system of warcraft, but a triggered one. If you trigger it you can do whatever you want. You can disable/increase/reduce it for specific units.

Level 11
As the title suggests I need to disable bounty for specific units. I know that legion TD has a system with buffs that reduce bounty (from 100% to 0% bounty). How could I replicate such system?
Probably Jamption is right. There no actual bounty in the map. Just when unit dies appears floating text with the same font and font color like the bounty while killing neutral units. Random value gives gold to owner of killing unit. Nothing speical there.

Level 10
Temporary solution: You can set all unit's point value according with your desired gold amount. When unit dies, retrieve that point value and increase/decrease player's gold by percent.

Or custom gold bonus system:
  1. Set the bonus with an integer array + custom value, this can be done when unit is created.
  2. Use point value as above, set gold bonus/ dice/ slice to zero

Level 11
Temporary solution: You can set all unit's point value according with your desired gold amount. When unit dies, retrieve that point value and increase/decrease player's gold by percent.

Or custom gold bonus system:
  1. Set the bonus with an integer array + custom value, this can be done when unit is created.
  2. Use point value as above, set gold bonus/ dice/ slice to zero
Since it is TD where units doesn't care about their attack range, so you can set point value as main bounty value and acqustion range as the dice range.

Status
Not open for further replies.