• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Disabling an upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I already searched this and could not find something close to it on the forum.

I'm attempting to make a trigger that, when one upgrade is completed, a few other upgrades are disabled (ie. they can no longer be researched). So let me give you an example of what I'm trying to create. I have a side we will call the "Humans". The Humans have three gods: A, B, and C. In my map, I want the Humans to be greatly effected by what god they choose to worship, but I want them to only be able to worship one. So I made "worshiping" into an upgrade (it only seems logical).

So if you choose to worship god A, you can no longer worship god B or C. Just as if you research A, you can no longer research B or C. Or if you research B, you cannot research A and C. And so on.

What I initially tried doing was this:
Event
- A unit owned by player 1 red finishes an upgrade
Condition
- Tech type equal to "A"
Action
- Set tech level of "B" to 0
- Set tech level of "C" to 0

But that had no effect in the map.

I even went ahead and tried taking it away from upgrades to buildings. So if you built a shrine to "A" you could not build a shrine to "B" or "C". But for some reason I'm just completely missing this.

Any suggestions? :vw_wtf:

Level 3
That's a good idea. All I have to do it have the unit automatically deleted as soon as it enters the map. I did something like that with another map previously. I'll look into it and see if it works.

Edit:

Did it and it worked perfectly. I just added to the trigger for unit "A" that under the condition of it being trained, to set upgrade "A" at tech level 1.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.