• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Upgrade Levels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I'm creating a map with an "infinite" amount of levels. After each level, an upgrade is researched for the enemy. The problem is that the upgrade level will not increase more then 1 when called.
This works:
  • Player - Set the current research level of Upgrade 1 (A) to 1 for Player 7 (Green)
This doesn't work:
  • Player - Set the current research level of Upgrade 1 (A) to 2 for Player 7 (Green)
Upgrade 1 has 5 levels, but only 1 of them can ever get researched.
I need a way to have it go for ~100 or so levels, so that I only need about 10 upgrades with 100 levels each. I currently have to make individual upgrades, and having them be researched once needed. This does create a lot of extras that are not needed. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
For those who need to see the entire bit of the trigger involving this:
  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
      • Series_number Equal to 1
    • Then - Actions
      • Player - Set the current research level of Upgrade 1 (A) to 1 for Player 7 (Green)
      • Set Upgrade_level = (Upgrade_level + 1)
    • Else - Actions
  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
      • Series_number Equal to 2
    • Then - Actions
      • Player - Set the current research level of Upgrade 1 (B) to 1 for Player 7 (Green)
      • Set Upgrade_level = (Upgrade_level + 1)
    • Else - Actions
Note that is the current way, and that it just repeats afterward (upgrade C-J or whatever).

Level 17
You need to make the technologies have as many levels as you need in the object editor.

You can not level technologies past their max level, both physically and using triggers.

Your reading skills are awesome jk. :p

Upgrade 1 has 5 levels, but only 1 of them can ever get researched.

He already said that he changed that, but only the first level is working.
Don't know what could be wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.