• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Disabled Spellbook Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
  • So I created a Disabled Spellbook and added just one spell to it: Dark Orb ability (Bonus attack, posibility to attack flying targets from distance and summoning skeletons by killing a unit)
  • Then I addad Spellbook to sample hero.
  • Everything seems to work fine -> Icon is hidden, bonus attack is applied, hero is able to attack flying creatues but summoning skeletons by killing a unit doesn't work at all.
Can someone explain me why? It is just one ability, why some effects of it works and other don't?
Is there any way to get it right?

Level 15
Make sure that the attacked target can create skeletons (can be raised).

Apart from that you should no longer use disabled spell books to hide abilities. It is more likely to cause bugs.
You can now simply hide any ability by setting the buttons position to (0, -11).

Level 5
instead of disabiling a spellbook try putting it at 0, -11 for some reason this makes it so it doesn't show up in the gui

Level 2
Editor does not allow me to put -11 into Button Position (Y). I enabled the option to accept negative values. What should I do?

Level 2
Aight it works. Thank you guys.
Also does it work for more than one ability? For example if I will give X abilities to a unit, all with position 0, -11 they all gonna be invisible?

Level 5
In the editor go to file on the toolbar, then click on preferences all the way on the bottom of the dropdown menu, select the general tab and click "allow negative real values in the object editor"

Status
Not open for further replies.