• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Disable VSync on 1.26a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi,

I was wondering if there is anyway to disable VSync in older patches like 1.26a ? I am aware of RenderEdge's existence, but since we play on GameRanger and gameranger launches the game itself, Renderedge becomes useless then

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Based on the information from this thread about your graphics hardware
... does this information apply to your Intel hardware for your laptop?

Level 4
Based on the information from this thread about your graphics hardware
... does this information apply to your Intel hardware for your laptop?
Hi
Two available options are : Use application Settings, Use Driver Settings (Always VSync ON)

And in both cases it means on, because W3 1.26a is always VSync On and no option to choose

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Then, installing the Intel GCC could bring you no extra benefit here.
Also, I am unaware that OpenGL rendering can be configured on Intel HD Graphics hardware, the way it could be on Intel GMA hardware.

A theoretical workaround might be to run the game in OpenGL mode while using a third-party OpenGL to D3D wrapper that allows to disable VSync and, more importantly, that works with your graphics hardware and with WC3 as well. This can be figured out only by experimenting. Be aware that the results might be weird and crashy.

Please give the modified version of GLDirect available from this page a try:
(archived copy available here)

Extract the required files in your WC3 folder. Do not hesitate to edit the gldirect.ini file.

I hope this wrapper works better for you than it does for me with WC3 on my Intel HD graphics 4400 hardware. For the record, this dll works perfectly for me with the demo version of Jedi Outcast, by allowing me to enable VSync (by setting bWaitForRetrace to 1), which fixes the ugly screen flicker/tearing for that game on my PC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.