• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Disable phase shift autocast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
sorry for my english

how to disable phase shift auto-cast? even auto-cast is turned on (right click ability)
like in dota

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Abilities - Default Active Ability

Remove Phase Shift from there and the unit will not autocast it. It will be an active spell until a player right-clicks it.

Level 6
> Remove Phase Shift from there and the unit will not autocast it. It will be an active spell until a player right-clicks it.

That only basically makes the autocast ability not be active anymore, but it's still be able to be autocast. He doesn't want an autocast ability, that's what he's saying.

That being said, is it possible to put a phase shift dummy spell that has a low cooldown (maybe 1 second cooldown) in a spell book, disable spellbook, and then make another spell that has no autocast, is supposed to do nothing (maybe channel or any slam spell), and then trigger it so that whenever the channel/slam spell is cast, immediately cast phase shift dummy? I haven't tried this but I'm too lazy to try and do this.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

> Remove Phase Shift from there and the unit will not autocast it. It will be an active spell until a player right-clicks it.

That only basically makes the autocast ability not be active anymore, but it's still be able to be autocast. He doesn't want an autocast ability, that's what he's saying.

That being said, is it possible to put a phase shift dummy spell that has a low cooldown (maybe 1 second cooldown) in a spell book, disable spellbook, and then make another spell that has no autocast, is supposed to do nothing (maybe channel or any slam spell), and then trigger it so that whenever the channel/slam spell is cast, immediately cast phase shift dummy? I haven't tried this but I'm too lazy to try and do this.

Its one possible solution. And the easiest

If you want to bother though, there are other solutions like DDS + dummy phase shift as you said. You can also put real phase shift on the unit when dummy phase shift is cast and force the unit to cast the real phase shift then remove it.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Simplest way is to use other Autocast based ability that requires something that less likely to trigger it.
Or
Just use a small trigger that always turn off Autocast if it's turned on.

Well according to @Alright the author wants a non-autocast phase shift. Without a dummy spell like Channel + dds or phase shift I don't see it happening.

Level 6
> Well according to @Alright the author wants a non-autocast phase shift. Without a dummy spell like Channel + dds or phase shift I don't see it happening.

The ability in DotA is actually triggered to disable autocast whenever it has autocast turned on (phase shift). At some point you could turn Phase Shift autocast on, but they changed it mechanically so you have to be smart using the ability without depending on its autocast.

Either way, I'm curious how you can use triggers to turn its autocast off. It seem that it would take less work, but would seem aesthetically unpleasing (since the 'right click to turn autocast on/off' would still be there and leaving it blank text-wise will still create space for that).

Status
Not open for further replies.