• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dire troll (5 variations)

A model made with Retera Model Studio, from the basic troll model with more bestial animations. The model only "talks" when selecting a voiceset of a non-speaking critter. The slam spell fits well this model. Five variations are available :
- Forest
- Jungle
- Dark
- Ice
- Albinos

Lore :

A small number of trolls are strikingly larger and more heavily muscled than the rest of their brethren, though there is no racial distinction between them and the rest of the troll race. A variety of reasons might be behind this unusual size and musculature. For example, they might have been altered alchemically or magically, or they might also simply have been born larger than average. Regardless of the day-to-day prejudices that these trolls must contend with from other races, dire trolls are not regarded as monstrous by other trolls.
Previews
Contents

Albinos dire troll (Model)

Albinos dire troll (portrait) (Model)

Albinos icons (Icon)

Dark dire troll (Model)

Dark dire troll (portrait) (Model)

Dark icons (Icon)

Forest dire troll (Model)

Forest dire troll (portrait) (Model)

Forest icons (Icon)

Ice dire troll (Model)

Ice dire troll (portrait) (Model)

Ice icons (Icon)

Jungle dire troll (Model)

Jungle dire troll (portrait) (Model)

Jungle icons (Icon)

Reviews
Mr Ogre man
Great model, works optimally. The cloth sometimes clips, and the model only "talks" when selecting a voiceset of a non-speaking critter, as far as I've seen. Could you please note that in the description?
Level 8
To say that I am satisfied is to say nothing. You hit the bull's-eye when you got the idea to make such a model. Give more different trolls.

Level 6
This is one of the better models I've seen for Reforged, at least in the sense that it's not just reskinned and redressed. Whatever nitpicks I may have, the lack of a hind toe and a perhaps too thin face, cannot detract from that. 5/5. 6/5 if you somehow manage to make it even better.

This is really great! Just a little feedback, the face should be wider i think, looks too thin compared with the body, you could see some of the wow updated dire troll models as a better reference

This is one of the better models I've seen for Reforged, at least in the sense that it's not just reskinned and redressed. Whatever nitpicks I may have, the lack of a hind toe and a perhaps too thin face, cannot detract from that. 5/5. 6/5 if you somehow manage to make it even better.

Thanks for your feedbacks. I have already widened his jaws and chin compared to the base model. Maybe not enough, I hesitated to enlarge the entire head, but I like the contrast it creates with the rest of the very massive body ¯\(ツ)

Is making larger(broader) ears possible? I think it would make the silhouette stronger.

That is an intersting option but Idk if I'll have the time for changing every model ; I have plenty of other models to produce :smile:

Last edited:
Level 6
Thanks for your feedbacks. I have already widened his jaws and chin compared to the base model. Maybe not enough, I hesitated to enlarge the entire head, but I like the contrast it creates with the rest of the very massive body ¯\(ツ)

That is an intersting option but Idk if I'll have the time for changing every model ; I have plenty of other models to produce :smile:
Ah, I was more thinking it was the midface, around the cheekbones and nose, that could be a bit wider. Though the eyes would probably need to be adjusted a bit too. I suppose that's a bit tricky, though.

Ah, I was more thinking it was the midface, around the cheekbones and nose, that could be a bit wider. Though the eyes would probably need to be adjusted a bit too. I suppose that's a bit tricky, though.

Undoubtedly, the face is indeed the most difficult part to modify as there are so many dots in its construction. You have to be meticulous and very patient if you don't want to end up with elephant man

Capture.PNG

Great model, works optimally. The cloth sometimes clips, and the model only "talks" when selecting a voiceset of a non-speaking critter, as far as I've seen. Could you please note that in the description?
Sure, it's done. Thanks for the approval

Level 12
Awesome models. Variety is like... very good. :D

With minor ghoulification you could easily turn to albino one into an undead troll. Would be wicked. Just sayin'.