• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dire Orc

So I've been hoarding this model for months because I couldn't be bothered with the portraits. Anyway...

Model comes with a decay and dissipate animation, so you can use it as a hero or as an elite infantry unit.

Model works best with the centaur soundset or other non-intelligible races (seriously blizzard, nobody has got the cash for Facefx-ing)

UPDATE (13/04/2023): Added several colour variations. Fixed some ORM and diffuse issues. Fixed facial animations, and given him an angrier look. For the fel variant, use @Raddazong 's variations

I recommend scaling them to somewhere between 1.3 and 1.45.

Standard: Green orc, Horde.
Grey: Greyish and darker green, for Blackrocks/Dragonmaws...
Blue*: Enthralled orcs, Shadowmoon clan
Brown: Mag'har orcs.
White: Shattered hand orcs.

*Update (15/04/2023): Edited the blue textures, fixed the emissive showing in the portrait background. Refer to the picture below to see his new appearance.
Previews
Contents

Dire Orc (Model)

Dire Orc Blue (Model)

Dire Orc Blue_Portrait (Model)

Dire Orc Brown (Model)

Dire Orc Brown_Portrait (Model)

Dire Orc Grey (Model)

Dire Orc Grey_Portrait (Model)

Dire Orc Icon (Icon)

Dire Orc Portrait (Model)

Dire Orc White (Model)

Dire Orc White_Portrait (Model)

Reviews
Barorque
Approved, yes! Great potential for Draenor related armies, Bleeding Hollow clan especially. Although I would love to see a Fel Dire Orc, that would be just sick. Animations, bones and textures are all good (the only imperfection I can really spot is...
Level 12
Badass. Now THAT is an orc.

With slight modification, it could also be a unique Ogre model.

Great work as usual!
One small thing, the feet seem like they're floating over the ground...in fact, looking at the GIF of them attacking the footman, I can see a gap between the feet and the shadows they cast.
Yeah, I fixed it afterwards, but I liked the gif.

Level 6
There's something weird with the foot size and ankle vs the calves. Or at least it feels a little like that.

There's something weird with the foot size and ankle vs the calves. Or at least it feels a little like that.
Great work as usual!
One small thing, the feet seem like they're floating over the ground...in fact, looking at the GIF of them attacking the footman, I can see a gap between the feet and the shadows they cast.
Model fixed, thanks for pointing that out!

Approved, yes!
Great potential for Draenor related armies, Bleeding Hollow clan especially. Although I would love to see a Fel Dire Orc, that would be just sick.
Animations, bones and textures are all good (the only imperfection I can really spot is very minor clipping of his leather bits near legs, which happens in original Reforged models A LOT btw).

P.S. His frame somehow reminds me of those Wide President Walking memes.

Approved, yes!
Great potential for Draenor related armies, Bleeding Hollow clan especially. Although I would love to see a Fel Dire Orc, that would be just sick.
Animations, bones and textures are all good (the only imperfection I can really spot is very minor clipping of his leather bits near legs, which happens in original Reforged models A LOT btw).

P.S. His frame somehow reminds me of those Wide President Walking memes.
@Raddazong Is currently making a fel dire orc, and is quite advanced. I guess he's missing the icon or some minor adjustement

Level 8
As a shattered fan. Happy.

The ''void one'' is quite strange but interesting !

Level 12
Some of them has a bit of team colour sticking out of their chest. I assume that is some texture issue, as the original one doesn't have it.
1681583705777.png