• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Difficult map problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I am making a special 4 players vs 4 Comps map and i have a few problems.

1. Since I am using custom units, it isn't a melee map, so the comp doesn't do anything when I try to test is in the WE. Any way I can overcome this, or will I have to make it a 4v4 all players?

2. I want to make the armies unique, so I have 5 sides:

Illidan's Army (with Naga, Draenei, and Blood Elves, works fine, I added the rest of the creep Mur'gul and Murloc units with Naga, and the rest of the Draenei units with the Draenei. I have these as buildable heros: Naga Sea Wich, Blood Mage, Firelord, Blood Ranger, and Elder Sage. However, Blood Ranger (custom hero based on Sylvanas/Priestess o' Moon) and Elder Sage (Akama's stats) can be built multiple times. How do I overcome this?

Jaina's Alliance (humans/dwarves, but only has 3 heros [no Blood Mage, or any elves for that matter] while the others have more, want more heros), no problems here.

Thrall's Horde (orcs/trolls/goblins/ogres/tauren), I wanted to turn the Ogre Lord into a hero but i had the same problem as the Blood Ranger and Elder Sage. The heros for them are Chieftain, Blademaster, Far Seer, Shadow Hunter, Goblin Tinker, Goblin Alchemist and Beastmaster.

Night Elves (standard night elves/furbolgs), I gave them all the furbolgs, and they have 5 heros: Warden, Keeper o' Grove, Priestess o' Moon, Demon Hunter, and Pandaren Brewmaster. Even though I changed the tier requirements and tiers used, I can still only make 3 heros for them.

Undead (all undead, demons), I gave them a few new buildings to cope with the massive influx of units,
but I'm not done with them so I will probably need to update this post.

I wanted to make this a 4P vs 4C (all 4 comps would be undead, each player would take an army), and Jaina, Orcs, Night Elves, and Undead can all make shipyards. Blood elves don't need them, I made a special transport turtle with crappy attack but cargo hold. Unfortunately, this is getting pretty hard. If anyone wants, I can put up the unit values (I don't have a map for it, just a small map i made to test out the units, i should have a good Beta map by the end of the week)

Level 9
for point 1 you'll have to initate all triggers manually, the alliances, starting resources, starting structures... everything, it isn't really hard, im sure you'll manage.

i'm not sure what your problem is at point two, exept for the hero that can be built more than once.
Are you sure that the here is trained, and not sold?
Also, is it classified as a hero?

check that.
goodluck..

Level 2
The map

Hey mapmaker

Just wanted to know if you would announce when the map is done, cuz I would sure like to play with my buddies against the comp.

Also, do you know of any great players vs. comps maps ?

Level 8
Since you're using custom races, you'll need to use the AI editor to create an AI for each race that you can then run for the computer players.

Regarding Jaina's alliance, I'm not sure what Blizzard's official stance is regarding this, but if any elves followed Jaina to Kalimdor when she left during Reign of Chaos, they certainly wouldn't have been genocided by Arthas, and they wouldn't have even been on the same continent as the rest of the Blood Elves. They might even still be normal old High Elves, chillin' with the alliance on the cool side of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.