• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[JASS] Difference between similar calls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I swear at one point in time I used to know the difference between the similar system calls, but for the life of me I can't remember. So what is the difference between call xyz, and xyzBJ?

Additionally, is there other documentation that tells in more detail what the function calls do? I know of jass.sourceforge.net, but I am looking for something a little more descriptive.

TIA,
indros

Level 3
The difference between xyz and xyzBJ is that the xyzBJ version is declared in blizzard.j and xyz is a native. The BJ versions are the ones used by the GUI and does things like setting the last created unit variable and stuff. Using the natives is usually better than the BJ versions, but it's not a crucial difference.
Btw, not all functions from blizzard.j has BJ as extension.

Level 2
I know this is a relatively old thread, but it's still on the first page, so:

jass.sourceforge.net also has a complete list of all functions, http://jass.sourceforge.net/doc/api/Blizzard_j-functions.shtml for example. Although it doesn't seem to be linked to from the main page... >.>

Look up a function in blizzard.j and compare it with the native function calls from common.j; sometimes, the developers have even left helpful comments on why there is a difference ^ ^

Status
Not open for further replies.