• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Did map makers rush some maps from TFT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys, we all know that we can't just simply favor a campaign chapter over another whether it's a ROC or TFT campaign chapter, but i lean more to the three parts of the chapter 7 from TFT Scourge campaign. The storyline was extraordinary, Arthas and Anub'arak marching into the halls of Azjol-Nerub on borrowed time trying to save the Lich King. That was ... OMG. Though i feel great sadness while playing these Chapters cause they are leading to the ending of Warcraft 3. ( I wished Blizzard kept releasing more expansions of the strategy game Warcraft 3 instead of WOW.)
But the thing that pissed a little is that the maps had bad decorations. At the start of "Into the Shadow Web Caverns" chapter, the decoration of the map was hideous, i know we weren't supposed to see the whole map but eventually the map makers would know that we will be able to view all parts of the map (For example take a look at "Brothers in Blood" from ROC, the map was well decorated in every spot of it. I used to spend hours enjoying the views from that map while listening to the Night Elf themes.). Also, if we go ISEEDEADPEOPLE and destroy the lever then we're stuck and thank god they didn't use the bandit model as a dwarven axeman.
In "The Forgotten Ones" chapter, which was my favorite part among the three parts, there's an elevator that isn't supposed to be there.
And in "Ascent to the Upper Kingdom" chapter the top area of the map from the ending scene they placed Snow Cliffs on Brick Walls and the decoration was bad.
It seemed to me that they rushed a little bit while making these three maps. They are amazing maps with amazing trap mechanisms and enjoyable gameplay but i wished they spent few more hours enhancing the decoration. Were they in a rush? The last chapter "A Symphony of Frost and Flame" though had an amazing decoration.
This bothered me a little through out the years every time i play these chapters and i wanted to share this with you, so what do you think guys? Please share your opinions with me it really means a lot to me.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.