• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Dialog system & Health-increasing abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
Hello everyone.

I will need a help with fixing a trigger. So, I wanted to create a new system for my map. How does it work? Well, every level you gain a point (variable,real). After pressing ESC, a dialog pops up where you can spend the point you gained and increase a stat for your hero. The Dialog buttons are for armor, health, mana, etc..

It worked fine for the armor. After pressing the "increase armor" dialog button I give an action to add an item ability to increase armor. The trigger was right, everything worked as intended.

Then came the health. I copied the armor trigger, pasted it and changed the variables, and abilities where needed with health instead of armor.

The trigger works like that: First time you click on a dialog button (armor for example) it adds the ability to your hero. This trigger turns itself off and turns another one on, which is the same but it doesnt add the ability but levels it up.

What happened? Well, I could add the ability but I couldnt level it up.

My questions are:
1.Health increasing abilities cant be leveled up? (And no, the trigger should be right as the same thing works for armor)
2.If they really can't be leveled then is there another way to increase the health of the hero? (No, I don't want to increase Strenght)

EDIT: Adding Screenshots.
scaled.php

scaled.php

Note again: The same triggers for armor work!

Last edited:
Level 13
This is one of the most famous bugs in warcraft.
Health abilities can be leveled up but they have no effect on the higher levels, only level 1 works. However, when you remove the ability, warcraft thinks the higher levels worked, removing the "high" health. In a normal case this would result in health-loss.
This bug can be used to increase the health permanently:
Use an ability with +0 health on rank 1. Give the higher rank a negativ value like -10. Those -10 will never be applies. However, when removing the ability, warcraft tries to negate it, giving you --10 health what means +10.

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
This is one of the most famous bugs in warcraft.
Health abilities can be leveled up but they have no effect on the higher levels, only level 1 works. However, when you remove the ability, warcraft thinks the higher levels worked, removing the "high" health. In a normal case this would result in health-loss.
This bug can be used to increase the health permanently:
Use an ability with +0 health on rank 1. Give the higher rank a negativ value like -10. Those -10 will never be applies. However, when removing the ability, warcraft tries to negate it, giving you --10 health what means +10.

Thanks for your response mate. Thankfully I found a way easier way - giving Tomes of Health to the unit! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.