• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Trigger Treating Hero and Non-hero units the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I've recently started the very first phase of my new map i'm going to make, and only a few hours into it I have reached a major snag in developing it.
Basically, Im raising the max. hero lvl from 10 to 85. I recognize that a lvl 85 hero would one-three shot the normal non-hero units if they are not buffed as the heros level, so thus this is my solution:
I copy abilities that add to Defense, Damage, and Health.
I give the abilities to non-hero units that will be in the map.
I have triggers set up to level-up those abilities periodically as the heros gain higher levels.
The level segments are 1-10(Stage 1; minor increases) 11-24(Stage 2, moderate increases) 25-54(Stage 3; Moderate-high increases) 55-69(Stage 4; Moderate Increases) 70-84(Stage 5; Moderate-low increases) 85(Stage 6: Slight Increases)

The only problem with all this im having is mainly:
1. I'm using Item abilities on these units, such as the Item Armor and Item Damage bonus from like, claws of attack and ring of protection, along with the Item Health Bonus, from the Khadgar's Gem. When leveling the Armor and Damage via triggers, they work fine, all the abilities used are set to have 6 levels, each level giving the proper increase of it's specific stat. However, the Health bonus will not level up, it always remains at it's level 1 increase, even if I make it a hero ability and make a lvl 85 hero and give him the ability, nomadder how many points i put into it, it will only do the first level of the ability. (I'm guessing some glitch based on the fact that it's an item ability and probably not mean tto level up in the first place)

So having said all that, I made 6 diffrent health abilities, each with only one level, and each with the increase of each game stage. Then when the triggers level up the armor and damage abilities, I have the trigger also remove the previous level of the health ability, then grant the current level ability (such as, unit starts with health 1, hero hits lvl 11, armor and dmg abilites level up, health 1 is taken away, health 2 is granted.)

NOW THIS is where my problem i need help lies..
When instructing the trigger to do the following function:
  • Stage 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Gains a level
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Hero level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 11
        • Then - Actions
          • Set stage = 1
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Unit - Set level of War Veteran for (Picked unit) to 2)
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Unit - Set level of Damage Bonus for (Picked unit) to 2)
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Unit - Set level of Armor Bonus for (Picked unit) to 2)
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Picked unit) is A Hero) Equal to False)) and do (Unit - Remove Health Bonus 1 from (Picked unit))
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Picked unit) is A Hero) Equal to False)) and do (Unit - Add Health Bonus 2 to (Picked unit))
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
It doesnt work the way I need it to. everything works perfectly EXCEPT the
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Picked unit) is A Hero) Equal to False)) and do (Unit - Remove Health Bonus 1 from (Picked unit))
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Picked unit) is A Hero) Equal to False)) and do (Unit - Add Health Bonus 2 to (Picked unit))
It somehow grants the abilities to HERO units aswell as NON-HERO units, and I need to fix it to only grant it to NON-HERO units to balance the game correctly, or else when I hit stage 6 my units only have about 5-6k hp and the heros instead of having 6-10k have 16-21k health.

If you can please PLEASE help me, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.