• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Devil Mansion 2

Presented by weng

208902-albums5695-picture73082.jpg

Description

208902-albums5695-picture73084.jpg

You try to expand your kingdom.
But,
There's an old mansion that is preventing your progress.
There has been attempts at destroying the mansion, tho without success.
Now, you have to explore the mansion and reveal all of its secrets

This is a multiplayers-horror-RPG map that with a story that player adventure in a mansion.

Note: Please play the map with the suggested amount of players, or it's impossible. (4~5 Players)

208902-albums5695-picture73083.jpg

→ Camera auto adjust system

Always view the game with better Angle, Distance, lower-case
→ Special Event

No often boring fight, always something special.

→ Teamwork needed

Some features such as Soul Regenerator require player cooperation

→ Special Resurrect System
Creates a grave when you die, revive when your friend destroys the grave
→ Hidden Crates
Crates surrounding the map, provide you some potion, or a surprise.

208902-albums5695-picture73085.jpg

208902-albums5695-picture72839.jpg

208902-albums5695-picture72838.jpg

208902-albums5695-picture72837.jpg

208902-albums5695-picture73103.jpg

208902-albums5695-picture73104.jpg

208902-albums5695-picture73107.jpg

208902-albums5695-picture73105.jpg

208902-albums5695-picture73106.jpg

208902-albums5695-picture73081.jpg

Current Credits
  • John_Draker - DoC Azerothian Footman
  • Blaxor - BTNShout
  • Kitabatake - Music/Mansion Model
  • dab - CustomCursor
  • Champara Bros - Arcane Explosion
  • JetFangInferno - MonsterLure
  • WhiteDeath - Living Statue Pack
  • WILL THE ALMIGHTY - ExplosionModel
  • YellowAfterlife - Knockback System
  • Paladon - Advanced Knockback System
  • Michael Peppers - Draenei Staff
  • imforfun - Simple Hood
  • Ofel - Knockback system, Remove leaks, Suggestion
  • Ket - Potion Model

Last, thanks for the people who helped me in this thread
WaterKnight
Sverkerman
Ofel

Keywords:
Devil, Mansion, Weng, Multiplayer
Contents

Devil Mansion 2 (Map)

Reviews
Orcnet17:42, 15th Nov 2013700 Devil Mansion 2 (Tested Version Last Updated: 13th Sep 2013) RateScorePercentLetter 5/591-100A RateScorePercentLetter 4/581-90%B RateScorePercentLetter 3/575-80%C RateScorePercentLetter 2/570-74%D...

M

1b5e5a7776e87f86f9c6951fa3dad711_64508.gif
Orcnet17:42, 15th Nov 2013

194715-albums6441-picture75028.png

Devil Mansion 2 (Tested Version Last Updated: 13th Sep 2013)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"The story along how the game process is quite cool, except for the part when playing this as a single player, the skeletons are a bit rough to tackle, I suggest customize a poison-slow like spell instead of bash? that would be better."

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"The Terrain or the innards of the Mansion would be great if you can display indoor furniture and so to give more quality of the mansion, use house-like tiles or tile sets instead of using only 1 base coat for the entire mansion build."

Management

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Overall map can be useful."

Total Score: (Gameplay[x/5] + Terrain[x/5] + Management[x/5] / Total Score[15] * 50 + 50)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
8/1577%C

[rainbow]Do you have an AI? If its impossible with 1 player, maybe you should make computer players that just follow the single player around and help him fight. This would be the easiest GUI in the world to make. It could keep the group at 4 no matter how many player were chosen. It would add a random hero and that hero would follow the user hero. The user could use the comp player has a shield and heal him and what not to make the game playable with 1 player.[/rainbow]

Level 4
[rainbow]Do you have an AI? If its impossible with 1 player, maybe you should make computer players that just follow the single player around and help him fight. This would be the easiest GUI in the world to make. It could keep the group at 4 no matter how many player were chosen. It would add a random hero and that hero would follow the user hero. The user could use the comp player has a shield and heal him and what not to make the game playable with 1 player.[/rainbow]

I'll work on it, but only do if the player add computer slots.
Some of the event need you to dodge, run, and kill with some guide which bots can't just follow the player.

This map can only get advanced AI, if not it will just annoy the player, which does never help, but need someone to revive them for continue the game.

Last edited:
I'll work on it, but only do if the player add computer slots.
Some of the event need you to dodge, run, and kill with some guide which bots can't just follow the player.

This map can only get advanced AI, if not it will just let the annoy the player, which does never help, but need someone to revive them for continue the game.

Well that sounds great! AI would make the game fun for 1 player. My suggestion was only for the most basic fix, making an advanced AI is way better of course. Good luck!!!

Level 10
Devil Mansion 1

Review

Goods :
  • Special Events that makes the game not too much boring.
  • Terrain looks neat.
  • Cinematic is pretty designed properly.
  • Neat models looks fit in this map.
  • Camera system is pretty good because it's too hard to scroll mouse too much.:ogre_hurrhurr:
Bads :
???

Suggestions
1.Add many items.
2.Different skills from each characters.

Overall :

4 / 5
+Rep

Advice

Making maps like this appreciated by players.
Make more like this so nobody gets bored.
No Pain ! No Gain !

Last edited:
Level 4
Devil Mansion 1

Review

Goods :
  • Special Events that makes the game not too much boring.
  • Terrain looks neat.
  • Cinematic is pretty designed properly.
  • Neat models looks fit in this map.
  • Camera system is pretty good because it's too hard to scroll mouse too much.:ogre_hurrhurr:
Bads :
???

Suggestions
1.Add many items.
2.Different skills from each characters.

Overall :

4 / 5
+Rep

Advice

Making maps like this appreciated by players.
Make more like this so nobody gets bored.
No Pain ! No Gain !

Thank you very much for the good rating and the review, and also the suggestion.

I'm planning to add some type of potion to the map
But i not really got any idea for chars spell... and the way player select the spell he want.

Last edited:
Level 30
Hello there, played your map. Though, there is a thing that is wrong that because of this, I cant progress out.

SO here is my review for my map though this is not complete for I have some questions to ask.

First, game concept and form. The concept and idea of the game looks decent. A map taking place in a scary mansion called Devil's Mansion which will be explored by 5 greates knights. I give you points for that though this theme is mostly used in maps like this.

Second, terrain. Terrain looks decent though it could use some more designing which we called decors and using one tile looks dull and I prefer use different kinds of tiles as mix for they will do well.

Lastly, gameplay. I didnt had some of this because at Room 2 I stopped at start because the way to Rooom 3 is quite blocked which I cant enter like that there is a pathing blocker of somehow. Also, the dialogs for each units are quite weird and has none of this feelings like the General. When he talks, he's like those ordinary gangster who talks ike informally. You should give some more emphasize to their dialogs to convey a proper feeling for them. Also, you have some very little grammatical mistakes.

That is all and I cant rate and vote for this now because I cant seem to pass through the Room 2 to Room 3. Any ideas? But still +4 REP from me.

Level 4
Also, the dialogs for each units are quite weird and has none of this feelings like the General. When he talks, he's like those ordinary gangster who talks ike informally. You should give some more emphasize to their dialogs to convey a proper feeling for them. Also, you have some very little grammatical mistakes.

This is actually the problem i faced.
I'm lookin' around for somebody that can help me.

That is all and I cant rate and vote for this now because I cant seem to pass through the Room 2 to Room 3. Any ideas? But still +4 REP from me.

I guess you play it with multiplayer.
All player must inside room 2 so the gameplay will continue.

Last edited:
Level 4
Updated:

Now it's Devil Mansion 2, it's my way to show the version.

→ Mirror bug fixs
→ Crates and potion added
→ A private new room
→ Balance improvement
→ F9 tips added
→ 2 command added

Use this command to kick those who spoil the game, afk, foolish players.

Note: This command is for host only, yes not player 1 but the real host

Detect the player who recently skip the cinematic. Since that's annoying when somebody want to watch the cinematic but other of them spamming esc while the cinematic is playing.

Last edited:
Level 3
When going right from the semi room, end up stucking in that room?

*EDIT: Seems like if a player dont enter that room (even when it's dead) it will stuck forever

Level 4
Great map! yeah is a pretty difficult to play but is a unique map!
4/5 upgrade some things i rating this 5/5 just need some fixes in some areas :)