1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Let your favorite entries duke it out in the 15th Techtree Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Developing my map

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Dispatcher, Aug 2, 2020 at 1:06 PM.

1. Dispatcher

Dispatcher

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello hievers just a simple question i'm making a map here which you can play almost all races in WC3 including the Forsaken, Lost ones, Exodar ones,Worgens and Scarlet crusade so my question is how much KB or files can a map take because most of the files will be BTN's and Custom Spell effects and missiles which is alot.

2. FeelsGoodMan

FeelsGoodMan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    As many as you want I guess, but if you want your map to be eligible for Battle.net play I think the max size is 128mb.

3. Jaccouille

Jaccouille

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Max size is 256mb on reforged.

4. Dispatcher

Dispatcher

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm on patch 1.30.2 does the File capacity on maps depend on what patch you are?

5. FeelsGoodMan

FeelsGoodMan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    The file size limit is just what you are able to host on Battle.net. I doubt there is any actual physical capacity limit in-editor. Why don't you just experiment a bit? Import some GB worth of movies then try to save your map.

6. Dispatcher

Dispatcher

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmmm.... I think it is worth to try.