• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Developing an RP map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
A year ago, I came upon ERP Legacy 0.2. A month later I decided to make a new RP terrain. After screwing around, trying to find an unprotected RP map to base my efforts upon, I discovered that apparently, the creators of ERP were either too stupid or too lazy to protect it. So after clearing away the terrain, flattening it and removing all doodads.

Recently after a host of problems, I've restarted work on this map. To make things clear though, I want to state my aims and intentions on this map:

- To make new, versatile terrain for RPing
- To modify (change some abils for some custom heroes for example), rebalance (change damage for some heroes), and clean up (and possibly replace) existing units (units that nobody uses, such as the Wind Serpent)

Yes its a DoBRP clone. But I'm tired of shitty terrain like DoBRP 7, Anathema, and ERP. I am firmly confident in my ability to make a good terrain, and will submit a screenshot ASAP for your collective approval or disapproval of my undertaking. I do this so you are aware of my intentions.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I recommend you not to base your efforts on anything, develop your roleplaying map from scratch. ERP is a rip-off to the last corner of my CotMRP Azeroth. Unless you want to smoke some weed, make some shitty terrain and import everything and then name it ERP 2 (which is exactly what the ERP creators did), please develop your roleplaying map from scratch. It's the best to everyone.
There are many RP maps going around now. I wonder how many will get finished without rip-offs. I could bet most of them will either use my data or quit if they can't.

So this is going to be a RP(G)? or just a rp .. 'hi im dwarf' 'hi dwarf' 'me human' 'lets be friends' 'no im dwarf' 'so?' 'im not human' 'i dont care lets be friends' 'heh i just said that' 'wtf!!' 'cut !!! take 6 !!!'

RP = Role playing right?

Yes. And that's the noob style of roleplaying. Roleplaying has much more to offer than anyone thinks.

Level 9
thats what you do in RP...
you make up a story (usually on the fly)
i had some pretty funny RP games before...

cute terrain...but its kina small...and got no place for forts and citys...

Level 16
-Read the forum rules (link posted by sacrimo)
-Dont take an excisting map and make your own copy of it. Especially when you just remake the terrain and few edits. Thats map stealing.
-Related to previous, do you have the ERP creators permission to do what you are doing?
-If the creator has abondoned the project/is no longer modding wc3, are you giving proper credits to the original author?

If your answers are:
-I have read them/will read them now, and understand them.
-I will do much more than just slight changes
-I have his/her permission to edit the map
-Im giving proper credits to the original author

...then you can recreate the thread. Im sending this one to the graveyard.

Status
Not open for further replies.