• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Detect when a unit places a land mine from an item

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
unit uses an item doesnt work
unit finishes casting ability doesnt work

maybe give the unit a point-based ability that through triggers creates a mine on the position the ability is aimed? :confused:

Level 6
This is really awkward but I never said it actually worked, and it didn't :( thanks for trying, will start making the triggered ability tomorrow i guess

Uh, sorry xD

Hmm, I've just tested the events
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Spawns a summoned unit
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Unit - A unit Uses an item
All of them work with their proper conditions
  • Conditions
    • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
      • Conditions
        • (Unit-type of (Summoned unit)) Equal to (==) Goblin Land Mine
        • (Ability being cast) Equal to (==) Item Place Goblin Land Mine
        • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to (==) Goblin Land Mines
If it really doestn't work, a workaround can be the event "unit enters region". Just check when a Goblin Land Mine comes to playable map area :p

Level 6
hmm I will test to play a goblin myself and plant a landmine

the region thingie ive alrdy thought about but then i cant get the unit who put it there since another goblin could be closer than the one actually putting it there

Level 6
okay the error was that the goblin had a land mine - unit ability ALSO, that made him use the unit ability instead of the item ability even if i told him to use the item :S

thanks for help hossomi! +rep

Status
Not open for further replies.