• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Detect 'Phoenix Fire' impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Greetings,

I'm wondering if there is a way to detect the actual impact of a Phoenix Fire projectiles. I would like to add effects to its targets and therefore I wonder if it's possible.

Yours Truly,
Chizume

Level 7
Since you can't completely remove the buff anyway, you could test if a damaged unit has the phoenix fire buff.

Level 13
Well if you trigger the phoenix fire than the whole thing is different:

Like:
Every 3 sec of game time
Pick Random unit from units withing 500 range of "yourUnit" and do:

That should do it or am I wrong? Than you can add any effect you want :/
And you should be able to create a dummy spell that can be detected on impact.

Level 7
I suggest using a dummy spell?

Like fireball with no damage?

But I am still not sure how to check when the fireball hits :/
Use a dummytype you don't use for anything else.
Make the fireball deal 1 dmg or something like that.
When a unit is damaged, detect if the damaging unit is the specific dummytype.

Shouldn't that detect a fireball impact?

I think it would work if you would set "unit is attacked" event and "unit has buff" condition - with phoenix fire as buff since whenever a unit gets hit by phoenix fire,it gets buff.
(Didn't test it,but i think it works)

Unfortunately your wrong today - getting hit by phoenix fire is not an attack order, thus the unit was never "attacked." I have triggered something like this before, but to accomplish It I had to create an invis dummy unit at the position of the unit with the item/spell that does this, then constantly move its position. Then whenever a unit is attacked by that unit, you do the effects (I was trying to make bships with hit/miss probability - hmm I never finished that map, maybe I should continue work sometime soon)

Status
Not open for further replies.