• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Detect hotkeys ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi, i was wondering about something :
Is there any way to detect when a player press a hotkey ? (like the arrows)
Without making a spell / selling a dummy unit / ...
(As i make maps where heroes have more than 7 spells, and as nobody likes spellbooks :/)

Thanks,

Exum

Level 4
Well, thank you for answering.
The thing is that i want a hero to have more than 7 spells (my first oprg hero has about 30 spells by tree and 4 trees), so more than 7 hotkeys, but i think i'll have to use arrows, dummy spells, and other spells in spellbook :/

Level 4
The problem isn't the number limit, it is to creat a direct way (hotkey) to use each spells, even if the unit have 50 spells for example (Hotkeys like Ctr + A, A, and so on).
But as i saw there is no way to detect it, so i'll have to make hotkeys only for some spells :)

Level 4
Yes but i thaught about hotkeys like Ctr + Letter or whatever like that. Like in wow for example. But i bet it's impossible :/
Anyway thank you for answering.

Status
Not open for further replies.