• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Spell] Detect attack ground/tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
hey there,

is there a way to detect when the ground/trees are attacked? I mean when the missile hits, not when they are targeted...

I can't find any way to even detect when a generic tree dies, and couldn't figure out how to do any of this with bribe's damage engine.

would be glad for any help. thanks!

Level 21
for "destructible dies" you have to specify one specific destructible, it's not generic. there is "detructible in region" which is generic, but specifies that it can only be used for small regions w up to 64 destructibles.

this is what I found : Trees Regrow(Galdiuz w the solve)

EDIT: nvm, that doesn't do it either. it helps me tell when a generic tree dies,, but I can't get acess to the killing unit. I did this -
  • tree death setup
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Destructible - Pick every destructible in (Playable map area) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to Summer Tree Wall
            • Then - Actions
              • Trigger - Add to give vision <gen> the event (Destructible - (Picked destructible) dies)
            • Else - Actions
but in the activated trigger (give vision), neither killing unit, or triggering unit works. even triggering player doesn't help me get the player who killed the tree....which brings me in a full loop back to the link bribe posted...

Last edited:
Level 20
Based on the linked system, it managed to get the interacting unit via event responses of Unit - Issued Target Object event.
I just don't know how that event would detect the unit with 'Attack Ground' ability & splash the ground just to destroy them.
Not sure with it, but I think that requires another workaround that's surely not reliable to deal with in terms of convenience.

Level 21
the linked system

a number of things have been linked here, which one does that? oh got it... the tree dds. that sucks... now I actually need a way to find out who killed the tree...I was counting on that, but the unit I need this whole thing for has an "attack ground" option too...

Actually I only need to know which player did it, I don't even need the unit...

Last edited:
Level 20
It's only doable within complicated workarounds, they're not that reliable but it could work.
You may use that system which Bribe linked to refer to the last unit who made an interaction with the trees,
which would enable you to identify the owner easily. Regarding 'Attack Ground' you may need to setup your
own 'Attack Ground' system and use a unique harvester per player which would perform harvest order for
each of the trees enumerated on the impact of the projectile to the ground.

That would only count of 'Target Object' commands + 'Attack Ground', what about the abilities that also deal
this kind of splash destruction on the ground that involves killing trees like flamestrike or volcano?

The answer is obvious, and that would make you aware that things were getting much more complicated just
to achieve this kind of thing you're desiring without actual developers implementing this feature to exist for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.