• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Desync problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Desync happens at random times and usually only when there's 6+ people (but it has happened with less) as for how I can find anything I just remember what everything is and where its at but I'll start renaming things for people who try to help me in the future

Level 3
Sadly I do not but I'll start saving replays when it desyncs

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/yl65kl/_files/TDvHD desync.w3g

You'll have to redownload map most likely cause I did some editing to it (like made it so bloodmage will revive and weakend some of the heroes) but anyways theres a desync (no one drops tho prob cause I was using ghostone and told it not to drop desync players) but then after awhile everyone starts dropping (and aside from one person a drop screen didn't even come up)

Last edited:
Level 14
Really? :razz: didn't know that one bro, but how to change that? :sad:

It's something to do with the action having to work out where the player is actually looking and determine whether to pan or to snap the camera movement. At the moment of calculation of this factor, it gets different answers from different players, which means there're not running the same "game data" so to speak any more. Bnet picks it up, and disconnects due to a de synchronisation.

As for this map, there's nothing in particular that I can see that would cause a disconnect in this fashion. Does this happen on any other maps that you host or just this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.