• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

desync problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm not sure if this is the correct place this so umm if it's in the wrong place sorry

Anyways I'm trying to make a map but whenever I go to test it the map has desync around the 2-5 min mark usually (sometimes it doesn't ever have it) I'm not sure how to fix it so if anyone is willing to look at my map and tell me what to do to fix it, be most helpful

Sorry about my poor grammar and sorry if this is in the wrong place

Now it just desyncs at a random time I've added an updated version

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/20l4fw/_files/TD%20vs%20hero%20defense.w3x

Last edited:
Level 20
Hmm,this trigger is weird:
  • Untitled Trigger 003
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red)'s Current gold becomes Greater than or equal to 100000.00
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue)'s Current gold becomes Greater than or equal to 100000.00
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal)'s Current gold becomes Greater than or equal to 100000.00
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple)'s Current gold becomes Greater than or equal to 100000.00
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow)'s Current gold becomes Greater than or equal to 100000.00
      • Player - Player 6 (Orange)'s Current gold becomes Greater than or equal to 100000.00
      • Player - Player 7 (Green)'s Current gold becomes Greater than or equal to 100000.00
      • Player - Player 8 (Pink)'s Current gold becomes Greater than or equal to 100000.00
      • Player - Player 9 (Gray)'s Current gold becomes Greater than or equal to 100000.00
      • Player - Player 10 (Light Blue)'s Current gold becomes Greater than or equal to 100000.00
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering player) Current gold) Greater than 50000
    • Actions
      • Player - Set Player 1 (Red) Current gold to 25000
      • Player - Add 1 to (Triggering player) Current lumber
      • Trigger - Run (This trigger) (checking conditions)
When a player gets that much gold,the function
  • Trigger - Run (This trigger) (checking conditions)
makes an infinite loop,it could be a cause.

EDIT: Oops,didn't see condition. But there's no need of that function anyway.

Also,why you use:
  • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
  • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)

Level 3
I already changed that trigger (Before it would cause the game to crash as soon as someone reached that amount of gold) but it doesn't fix my desync at all because it usually happens long before that trigger would ever get a chance to run Also on my first post I updated the map on pastebin

Level 3
Umm... nothing happens the game keeps going on like the desynced players simply left

I never notice any lag at all

Level 3
Well two ways when I host with my bot it tells me desync is detected
second way is when I don't use my bot I just about always play with friends (And they usually end up staying in the game after they've been desynced/I've been desynced)

Level 19
  • Custom script: call DestroyTrigger(GetTriggeringTrigger())
might cause bugs
  • Wait 15.00 seconds
is bad
use gametime wait or, even better, timers

if that didn't work disable 50% of all triggers, if someone disconnets you know that the trigger must be one of the 50%
continue this until you know which trigger is causing it
also "Do Nothing" does nothing so no need to use it
you can also create events automatically (for each integer i from 1 to 12 create "player with playernumber i enters "-blah")

Level 3
That has seemed to fix the desyncing thank you but umm just outta curiousity do you know a better way of doing the stat commands?

Edit it sometimes removes hero instead of reviving

Edit desync still there.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.