• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Desync on my map but what cause it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello guys,

I need your help !

I made a map that can be found here : WoW Dungeon - SFK 17.9c

I'm facing a desync issue, that appears on a ghost pack of creeps.

I tried to locate the problem by :
- Removing all the spells of the creeps
- Changing the custom models
- Disable all linked triggers
- Disabled global systems (like damage system, cast bar system, etc.)
- Tried to determine if it was time related (but no)

Nothing of this helps.

Do you guys have any clue ? Does it might be caused by last blizzard's patch ? I cannot exactly remember when the problem appeared, but I was able to finish the map with no issues on older versions.

Map is not fully optimized but I don't think there are any leaks.

The desync always occurs around the same spot (~30% of the map, after the first boss), sometimes on the creeps before the boss (really rare).

The desync always occurs on a creep death (even if there is absolutely no triggers involved).

The desync usually desync between 1 to 5 players (randomly).

Thank you for your help, this has been an headache for me for the last month.

Level 39
Open the map with a MPQ or CASC viewer and extract war3map.j. Search through it for anything using GetLocalPlayer(), as that's most likely to cause the desync. From there you can read the function name and try to figure out what trigger(s) it's (they're) in.

The gameplay constants related to creeps have been known to cause desyncs. For example Creed Guard Distance. Try resetting your gameplay constants and see if the map still desyncs.

One thing I noticed in your map's script is that you are checking PLAYER_SLOT_STATE_PLAYING on map initialization which has been reported to cause desyncs as it can supposedly return different values depending on whether or not a user has loaded or not. Try making your trigger run at 0.00 seconds of game time instead of map initialization.

Level 3
Here is today's replay, as you can seen 1 player desync on the first female death, and 2 other players on the second one.

I tried :
- Changing the model (by a native one like Banshee)
- I disabled spells (you can see they do nothing)
- The first death triggers nothing
- The second one trigger the regeneration (like every last unit of creep pack)
- They have nothing special except custom color vertex

What is more strange, is I think this map got corrupted core function, because for instance in that specific run the Pyroblast has a keybindings with R (in object editor) but the fire Mage assured me it was not working (I cannot guarantee this 100% because I retried in solo and could not see the problem, but I remember someone reported this on another champion on another game, and I checked and it was right in the object editor, I also asked the language to make sure it wasn't overwritten by a core function like H for Hold but it was not).

I also noticed that some creeps weren't giving experience (from blizzard system) even if creeps were eligible trough the experience constant (that's why I decided to script experience gains and set it to constant to 0).

Is this even possible ?

Attachments

• Desync_SFK.w3g
    782.9 KB · Views: 65
Status
Not open for further replies.