1. Are you planning to upload your awesome spell or system to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Desert Ant 1.00 [MUI]

Submitted by redscores
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This is the Contest Spell for the S&S Contest.

It is completely MUI and leakless.

The Spell unleashes thorns which come out of the earth in intervals and each thorn deals damage and causes bleedings, 15 damage on impact and a dot which deals 5 damage per second.

CHANGED THE EFFECT (not the spikes).

~redscores

Keywords:
MUI, Spikes, Blood
Contents

Desert Ant (Map)

Reviews
17:39, 7th Feb 2009 Hanky: Advice: 5 points are the highest rating and 1 point is the lowest rating. Documentation: 2 Visual Effects: 5 Triggering: 4 Idea: 5 The triggering could be improved, for example it would be better if you use...
  1. 17:39, 7th Feb 2009
    Hanky:
    Evaluation

Rating Points
    Advice: 5 points are the highest rating and 1 point is the lowest rating.

Documentation: 2
    Visual Effects: 5
    Triggering: 4
    Idea: 5

Rating Comment

The triggering could be improved, for example it would be better if you use a formula for the multi-level instead of if-then-else and you could maybe nullify these handle arrays at the end of the spell, apart from that I found nothing wrong in the code.

There is not enough documentation and also the tooltip give to less informations. The icon fit the spell very well. This spell nearly fit to all maps.

But still your spell is really nice made, good job. I can just recommend to use this spell.

Advice: If you didn't understood my rating or if you maybe have questions because you don't know how to fix bugs or leaks etc. You can always send a private message to me. I will answer as soon I got time.

2. Kingz

Kingz

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well not the finest idea, but still good...
    Now i think you should replace the special effect of dust to real dust not volcano dust cause it reduced my fps when i casted 2-3 of spell instances on the screen.
    Anyway nice spell, keep the work on, and please make the whole map visible it would be much easier if the map would be exposed(i had to hunt for creeps)...
    EDIT:
    Also multi level spell would be nice(though i can see the spell settings it would be easier for newbies).

3. nerovesper

nerovesper

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    When I tested it there are some instances that a unit that got hit by the thorns had late damage reaction. Other than that its a good spell. ^^

4. Kingz

Kingz

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I suggest replacing the volcano dust effects with:
    Abilities\Weapons\AncientProtectorMissile\AncientProtectorMissile.mdl
    or to put it simply the Ancient Protector missile effect, it reduced my fps only when i casted it 8-10 times on the screen.
    I didn't see any more flaws then i said before, but again this is my opinion.

5. -Berz-

-Berz-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Yeah as i said on the contest, that volcano effect is to flashy, and laggy. The impale dust, or model that Kingz suggested(the missile - rock) would do the job just fine =)

Otherwise its a nice spell, i like the bleeding.

6. redscores

redscores

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Changed the screenshot + the effect.

7. Dynasti

Dynasti

Resources:
    Maps: