• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

descriptions, tooltips that refer to variable data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
How do i make it so that i can put something in the tooltip of an ability refer to the integer value of a variable that i can set with a trigger? Like with the abilities that the game starts with, if you change the damage of blizzard it automaticly changes the damage shown in its tooltip. How do i make it so that the tooltip does not refer to ability data but to a variable that i can set in a trigger? (So that the tooltip can vary in game)

Level 19
I dont think its possible
if you ask how do dota change tooltip texts of Night Stalker on day-night
it uses 2 different abilities for day-night

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Icefrog is not the worlds greatest map maker, or even near that. He just hit it lucky with an idea that works and people like. I dought he knows anything about this kind of thing, for if he did it would be in his average map DotA allstars which clearly a lot of stuff is not.

The answer is no, as the tooltip engine does not support triggers and the integers used in triggers are within the trigger engine. This is hard coded and triggers are not as open as a language like C++ so there really is no real way to do this.

Icefrog is only known as a great map maker because his map is the most played. That does not mean he is the greatest triggerer or even if he knows the most general WE knowledge. I dought he is stupid though but neithor do I think he is that good (he is not a vexorian (a person at some stage who people thought was the best triggerer and and knew the most WC3 knowledge of every well knwon person, but never really produced anything that major for battle net play (no major maps))).

Level 19
Still I think you should ask Icefrog cause he is one of the worlds greatest mapmakers.

Can anyone ban him please

Edit: I agree with Super Good
Its like Underground 2 became more popular than Wacraft III
Pointless things happen all over the world

Level 19
well was just kidding about ban request
and ban request was because he is extremly noob
not because of beign racist

Status
Not open for further replies.